An opportunity for a Digital Marketing Assistant to work with the UNSW Centre for Ideas who pride themselves in presenting a thought-provoking program of live events, digital events, and digital content – podcasts, videos, animations, and more.
DIGITAL MARKETING ASSISTANT – CENTRE FOR IDEAS
- Employment Type: Fixed Term 12 months / Part Time 4 days/28hrs per week
- Remuneration: $77,356-$87,532 + 17% Superannuation pro-rata
- Location: Kensington, Sydney (Flexible working opportunities available)
UNSW isn’t like other places you’ve worked. Yes, we’re a large organisation with a diverse and talented community; a community doing extraordinary things. Together, we are driven to be thoughtful, practical, and purposeful in all we do. Taking this combined approach is what makes our work matter. It’s the reason we’re Australia’s number one university for impact and among the nation’s Top 20 employers. If you want a career where you can thrive, be challenged, and do meaningful work, you’re in the right place.
Why Your Role Matters:
An opportunity to work with the UNSW Centre for Ideas who pride themselves in presenting a thought-provoking program of live events, digital events, and digital content – podcasts, videos, animations, and more. Their program brings the globe’s leading thinkers to UNSW Sydney and presents UNSW to the world. Over the last few years, speakers have included former Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard, artificial intelligence expert Toby Walsh, leading epidemiologist Dr Anthony S Fauci, and activist Grace Tame.
The Digital Marketing Assistant plays an exciting role in the coordination, delivery, and promotion of the Centre for Ideas program of events and digital content.
- Supporting the Digital Marketing Officer in promoting content and implementing strategic marketing and communications plans.
- Coordinating marketing efforts and live event communications for various UNSW events
- Schedule and upload email, website, and social media content,
- Set up event information, write and coordinate event communications including event copy, EDMs, and event invitations
- Coordinate post-event and campaign evaluation including, customer feedback surveys, compiling marketing analytics, and producing reports
- Liaise with key stakeholders to promote events on university channels.
Who You Are:
- A relevant tertiary qualification and a minimum of 2 -3 years in a similar role
- Experience in social media marketing, content creation, and scheduling
- Good writing and administrative skills with a high level of accuracy and an understanding of technical writing for marketing production.
- Demonstrated ability to work flexibly and productively as an effective team member to ensure output is high quality and accurate
- Outstanding organisational skills with proven ability to work with multiple tasks and competing deadlines in a marketing and events environment.
- Experience with tools such as Photoshop, Mailchimp, and/or Adobe Audience Manager beneficial
Benefits and Culture:
There’s a certain feeling you get from working at UNSW. It’s the feeling that you’re a part of something special. Something significant. So, if you’re looking for the next chapter in your career, it’s here. You’ll be given the opportunity to challenge yourself, build on your skills, and make a significant contribution to a workplace that’s filled with energetic and inspiring people. Talent thrives here – and so do truly satisfying careers.
How to Apply:
Make each day matter with a meaningful career at UNSW. Submit your application online before Sunday 22nd May 2022 at 11:55pm.
A copy of the Position Description can be found on JOBS@UNSW.
Candidates are encouraged to submit a demonstration of their created content with their application.
Get in Touch: For further information, please contact
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention, and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged based on their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity or Indigenous heritage. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
UNSW partners with Australia’s leading diversity organisations, networks, and campaigns. Please refer to UNSW’s diversity offerings for further information on our flexible work and leave options, and support for carers (childcare, parent rooms, parental leave).
- Job Type
- $77,356-$87,532 + 17% Superannuation pro
For further information
- Chris Haywood