If you specialise in regional tourism, travel and lifestyle PR and have well developed media relationships then this is the job for you!
Port Macquarie is one of Australia’s favourite holiday destinations. Within an easy 4 hours’ drive north from Sydney, on the mid north coast of NSW, the region covers over 3,500 square kilometres of spectacular coastline and hinterland. The region welcomes many types of holiday makers for rejuvenating beach holidays and more. Known for its distinctive mix of heritage buildings, stylish refurbished hotels, diverse dining, accessible nature, entertainment and cultural venues, it’s easy to get to, get around, great value, and you feel right at home in flip flops or high-heels.
Port Macquarie Hastings Council (PMHC) requires a Public Relations Consultant that specialises in regional tourism, travel and lifestyle PR. They need to have well developed media relationships and knowledge of and passion for regional tourism and industry. The successful Respondent will share in Port Macquarie-Hastings Council’s vision to add value to the tourism industry, by promoting the region as an exceptional destination to visit. This will be achieved by applying unrivaled expertise in public relations to optimise investment in the market, and through nurturing alliances with the tourism industry and with traditional and non-traditional partners.
The successful Public Relations Consultant will be required to:
- develop and implement innovative strategies that elevate the regions profile and the consumer’s desire to visit the region as a holiday destination;
- report market trends and implement PR strategies that will elevate Greater Port Macquarie’s market profile;
- work with key media and influencers across Australia, PMHC and tourism industry partners to generate stories that educate and inspire potential travellers about the extraordinary holiday and event experiences on offer in Greater Port Macquarie;
- communicate effectively with industry, government and stakeholders as required;
- work collaboratively with a range of related tourism businesses to drive economic outcomes for Greater Port Macquarie;
- Maintain subscription(s) to and management of media monitoring service(s);
- Have membership to relevant industry associations;
- Have obtained formal tertiary qualifications in Communications Public Relations or related field
A comprehensive overview of the role and requirements are available via the Tenderlink website below. Click on ‘All Current Tenders’ to view and download. Proposals to provide Destination Public Relation Services will only be accepted via submission on the Tenderlink website.
Closing date for proposals is 11am Thursday 7th March 2019.
- Job Type
For further information
- Procurement Team Member - Fiona Patton