The aim of the game is all about new Business Development and then delivery with brand direct clients and campaigns, driving incremental revenue. Supported by an award winning creative team you can see creative campaigns and partnerships come to fruition - from concept & media strategy through to execution.
Big Wave Digital is thrilled to be on the lookout for this fresh and exclusive role, working for a well-known innovative entertainment media company in their in-house agency business.
The aim of the game is all about new Business Development and then delivery with brand direct clients and campaigns, driving incremental revenue.
Supported by an award winning creative team you can see creative campaigns and partnerships come to fruition – from concept & media strategy through to execution.
The role has a strong ‘hunting’ component aimed at engaging with existing and new brands. You’ll work with inspiring teams and management, and be part of something truly dynamic and fun.
You’ll be targeting direct brands (not media or creative agencies) by leveraging your already ‘existing’ network of marketers into such brands.
You’ll be dealing with C level decision makers and have experience working with direct brands.
What We’re Looking For…….
Given this is a Business Development role, you’ll need:
- to be someone who thrives on sourcing and growing new commercial relationships
- an ability to connect with new prospects and leverage existing commercial relationships concurrently
- impeccable presentation skills and a dynamic approach to opening up new markets for the business
- to be a truly commercially sales minded individual who is also a creative thinker, selling creative ideas
- experience on generating new leads and brand contacts for both Big Ticket campaigns, i.e. over $1 million p.a., and also happy to generate and execute smaller campaigns. Campaigns could be talent endorsements, events, live streaming events, creative brand platforms and ATL work with a strong digital take on everything you do
- to be adept at preparing contracts with advice from legal and management
- experience managing campaigns and evaluating profit margins and reporting pre, during and post campaign executions
- outstanding presentation skills – to clients and ‘pitching’ to new and existing clients
- comprehensive experience in articulating and driving Media Strategy
- solid knowledge of the Australian media and entertainment industry
The role involves a strategic sales approach – someone who’s thinking ahead of the game but who can also open up new doors as you will already ‘know’ who to contact at a particular brand.
This is a role based on business development, innovative and lateral commercial ideas from inception to reality. This position is an enviable career role, with strong local and global opportunities available for those who see this as a long term career, not a stop-gap role.
The 3 key pillars of this role are:
- Business Development 60%
- Account Management – 30%
- Media Strategy – 10%
Perhaps the most alluring part of this role is the current team that you’ll get to work with.
Key character traits our client looks for include:
- High level of emotional Intelligence
- Openness to mentorship opportunities
- A ‘learn, growth and inquisitive’ mindset as opposed to an ‘I already know’ mentality
- Ability to fix problems individually and show strong levels of initiative
- Solution orientated
- Be hungry and passionate but have fun along the way
- Work very much as a team player
- Highly ambitious but to also recognise what needs to be done now
This is an amazing opportunity that will have a significant impact on this already highly successful media entertainment business.
Please contact Keiran for a confidential discussion about the role:
Managing Director of Big Wave Digital
- Job Type
- $150k OTE
For further information
- Keiran Hathorn