Due to business growth, we are now looking for a Content Lead to head up one of our most prestigious accounts. This pivotal role will lead Mahlab’s team of content managers and producers - setting the highest possible benchmarks for everything they do.
Mahlab has a long and proud history as an industry leader in Australia. The success of the agency is a result of our agility and curiosity, adapting to and embracing the ever-changing world of publishing, content marketing and integrated communications. Our list of clients includes top brands across many industries, and we pride ourselves on setting new benchmarks, winning awards for our strategic innovation and best-in-class execution.
Due to business growth, we are now looking for a Content Lead to head up one of our most prestigious accounts. This is a pivotal role that will lead Mahlab’s team of content managers and producers – setting the highest possible benchmarks for everything they do.
Our head office is in Sydney, however this role may be worked on-site with our client in Brisbane, from a shared workspace environment, remotely, or a combination of all 3.
At Mahlab, we believe content and communications have incredible power when done right. To us, ‘done right’ means content, social and PR with purpose. It means content that’s relevant to the audience and delivers on business outcomes. If you, like us, want to create #workthatworks, if you take performance seriously and want to be a part of team made up of clever, experienced and compassionate people, then this is the role for you.
At Mahlab, we have fun and work hard. We’re passionate about the work we do. But we don’t just do work to fill the time. The things we accomplish are valuable to our company, our clients and the community and we’re proud of that.
Mahlab is in the process of becoming BCorp-accredited. Even without it, we strive to meet the highest standards of social and environmental performance, public transparency and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose. We also believe in contributing to the Australian community, and have a roster of pro-bono clients that include the United Nations’ Working Group on Discrimination Against Women and Girls. Mahlab is also a Member of Centre for Accessibility Australia (CFA Australia) and we are increasing our focus on ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities.
If this all sounds good, and you want to join our team of writers, journalists, strategists, designers, social media experts, and PR folk famous for work that works, keep reading!
What you will do:
- Work closely with the wider content team
- Contribute to research, planning and execution of content
- Ensure the content strategy meets the client objectives
- Motivate and educate the team
- Ensure we are always in pursuit of best-in-class content
What you will need:
- 5+ years’ experience as a content manager and/or content marketing strategist
- Degree qualified
- A deep and ever-growing knowledge of emerging trends in content marketing
- An understanding of content performance and analytics
- Experience with social channels and social marketing tactics
- A finely honed design sensibility
- Ability to envision content in all formats
- Superior client and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to robustly review content for its quality, execution and strategic value
- Ability to create and assess content strategy
- Experience managing budgets, projects, and client expectations
Experience working with government entities, unions, or large enterprise organisations would be a bonus but is not essential.
If you would enjoy working with a creative, bright and authentic group of people and be part of a fun and flexible culture then we would love to hear from you.
Check us out: www.mahlab.co
- Job Type
- $120,000 - $135,000 +
For further information
- Andrea Hart