You know the power of words. After all, you’ve built your career around how you wield them. Now, use your talents to connect people with the university course that could help them kick off their career or switch to their true calling.
About the Role
You’ll be working on student recruitment campaigns, web content and briefs from various areas, in collaboration with designers, photographers and videographers. One day you could be generating ideas for a new initiative – the next writing about a student success story.
Who are we after?
You’re irrepressibly inquisitive about your audience, easily switch your tone between formal and flippant, and gracefully manage stakeholders from brief to delivery.
It goes without saying that you
- Have substantial experience as a copywriter or content writer in a medium to large ad agency, digital agency, publisher or similar.
- Can demonstrate that experience with a killer portfolio.
- Are versed in the art and science of writing paid search, paid social and digital display copy. Got examples of IG stories or TikToks? Show us.
- Are as comfortable writing for the web as you are for offline mediums, including editorial, brochures, OOH and radio scripts.
- Think about the audience first, while also keeping the brand voice and marketing objectives in mind.
- Can distil complicated concepts into simple, easy-to-understand words.
- Don’t just ‘write’. You proactively seek answers before starting a project and present your work engagingly. You see feedback as a challenge to respond with an even better solution.
- Have a sharp eye for detail and pride yourself on your editing and proofing abilities.
- Can manage multiple projects, deadlines and stakeholders without breaking (too much of) a sweat.
A degree in marketing, communications or related fields with subsequent relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/ training
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne Horizon 2025 draws upon our understanding of future challenges. With this new strategic plan, we choose to build Swinburne as the prototype of a new and different university – one that is truly of Technology, of Innovation and of Entrepreneurship, and proud of it. We are committed to a differentiated university proposition in education and research, so that:
- Every Swinburne learner gets a work experience
- Every Swinburne graduate gets a job
- Every Swinburne partner gets a tech solution
- Swinburne is the prototype of global best practice
The achievement of our 2025 moon shots depends on our capacity to work collectively, always, as One Swinburne.
Please submit your CV and cover letter addressing your suitability for this position.
To review the Position Description and to apply, please scroll down to the bottom of the page.
If you are viewing this advert from an external site, please click ‘apply’ and you will be redirected to Swinburne’s Jobs website to access the Position Description at the bottom of the page.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Swinburne Talent Acquisition Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications Close: Monday 19 February 2024, at 11.00pm
Swinburne offers flexible working options, leave and parenting/carer policies to support work life balance.
Equity and Diversity
Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation and we are proud of our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion through key initiatives. For further information on all our initiatives visit our Equity & Diversity website.
We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
We are committed to making the recruitment process fair and equitable for all our candidates. If you have specific accessibility or support requirements please contact email@example.com
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
For any support please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au or for more information on our Indigenous strategies please follow the link to our RAP Reconciliation Action Plan
Victoria’s Commitment to Action: Improving international student employment outcomes
As a signatory to Victoria’s Commitment to Action, Swinburne seeks to remove barriers to international graduate employment. We welcome and encourage applications from international graduates.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
- Job Type
- HEW6 + 17% superannuation