• Help children have the best start in life through high quality education & care • Improve outcomes for children and families in early education and care. • Join an expert team working across governments at the national level.
We want children in Australia to have the best start in life.
We provide national leadership on the implementation of the National Quality Framework (NQF) and collaborate with the Australian and state and territory governments to:
- implement changes that benefit children birth to 13 years-of-age and their families
- monitor and promote the consistent application of the Education and Care Services National Lawacross all states and territories
- support the early childhood education and care sector to improve quality outcomes for children
We strive for innovation and continuous improvement and are committed to keeping the sector and the community informed with the latest developments in early childhood education and care.
The Communications Officer is responsible for sourcing, writing and editing accessible and engaging content for a range of digital and traditional communication channels, daily media monitoring and internal reporting. They will also help to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders through various engagement and communication strategies.
This role is full time for a fixed term for up to 12 months at ACECQA Band 4 ($79,480 – $88,632)
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Proven experience in sourcing, writing and editing accessible and engaging communications content for a range of digital and traditional channels to required standards, including websites, social media and printed publications.
- Proven experience in building cooperation and workable solutions between internal stakeholders.
- Strong capabilities and experience using web content management systems, electronic marketing software and desktop publishing applications, supporting ongoing compliance with brand management and accessibility requirements, and assessing analytics to prepare reports and advice.
- Capacity to operate both independently, using initiative and self-direction, and as a team member, to produce consistently high-quality work and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including demonstrated ability to tailor communication to a variety of audiences.
- Tertiary qualification/s in a discipline such as communications, journalism or marketing, or relevant experience.
ACECQA is committed to removing barriers and opening up opportunities. As an employer we seek to ensure people with differing needs and abilities have the same opportunities to successfully gain skills, knowledge and experience through work, social activities, education and training irrespective of their age, disability, colour, race, gender, religion, sexuality, family responsibilities, or location. In particular, we are committed to improving opportunities and outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
You must have the right to work and live in Australia to apply for this role.
The successful candidate will be required to consent to a national police check.
How to apply
The closing date for applications is 19 October 2021 at 11.59pm.
To apply, please register with the ACECQA Recruitment Candidate Portal, navigate to the Officer Communications vacancy and click Apply for Job. The application process will require you to:
- Attach a CV of no more than 5 pages which demonstrates your ability to meet the criteria contained in the position description.
- Attach a written response to the targeted questions below of no more than 2 pages
- Provide the details of at least two referees that cover the last 3 years of employment.
- ACECQA publishes content on its websites, intranet and social media channels. How do you provide support to business areas using content management platforms, and ensure content is accurate and meets required timeframes, usability and accessibility standards?
- How do you develop communications plans and engaging content and collateral that meet government digital communications legislative requirements – including security, accessibility, usability, compliance, brand management and procurement?
All complete applications will be acknowledged.
If you have any questions, please email the HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice to agencies
ACECQA will not accept applications from any source other than directly from a candidate for this vacancy. Recruitment agencies must have received instructions from ACECQA in relation to a specific vacancy in order to submit applications on behalf of candidates.
- Job Type
- $79,480 - $88,632
For further information
- Sharon Bell