We are looking for a hands-on Commercial Editor to lead and implement commercial solutions and create compelling content for clients and our audience of Australian parents.
Working across two brands, Babyology and Kinderling Kids Radio, you will have experience with a content team to produce a variety of content types – video, editorial and sponsored – that deliver successful content partnerships.
This role would suit an organised and flexible individual with plenty of editorial experience. Someone with a great eye for detail and a can-do attitude who understands the power of a big idea – and loves making them happen.
What is the role?
- Responding to commercial briefs with fresh and relevant ideas that reflect both an understanding of the client’s objectives and our brand’s position.
- Collaborating with the internal stakeholders for best outcomes of client responses to brief that are engaging and have broad audience appeal.
- Planning, coordinating and managing the product of all commercial content, including the commissioning, writing and editing of all written and video content.
- Managing multiple deadlines for a range of projects from one-off articles to longer campaigns.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Previous digital publishing industry experience.
- Experience at reading a client brief and identifying engaging content opportunities.
- Fabulous time management skills to juggle a multitude of tasks and deadlines.
- Exceptional communication skills – you will be working within a remote team and the ability to work efficiently, collaboratively and transparently is vital.
- Strong editorial experience, including the ability to write snappy copy, proofread at speed, and spot a typo at a thousand paces.
- Experience in Wordpress and Photoshop.
To be considered for the role you will have a journalism background and at least three years’ experience in a similar role in an online environment. You will also be able to demonstrate an understanding of what Australian mums want to read and engage with online.
The Parent Brand is one Australia’s largest digital communities focused on families with children aged zero to six. The Parent Brand produces written, video and audio content for a community of over 1.3 million followers across its key properties including Babyology and Kinderling Kids Radio.
Based in Stanmore, we are an equal opportunity employer and offer a collaborative, family-friendly and flexible work environment.
- Job Type
- $80,000 - $90,000
For further information
- Ella Walsh