We're looking for a talented brand manager to grow the awareness and market presence of Australia's largest tea brand.
Nerada Tea has been at the forefront of tea production within Australia since the 1960s. Australia’s largest tea estate with 360 hectares planted on a single origin estate on the Atherton Tablelands near Cairns, Queensland.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced and self motivated Brand Manager to join our team. Your role will be multi-faceted; delivering a marketing program to grow awareness of the brand, ensuring new product development and packaging initiatives are executed and helping to drive consumer led campaigns to help grow market share and margin.
We’re looking for a committed team player who thrives on seeing their ideas hit the shelves, with a consumer first approach to understand key opportunities. With a small team alongside you, you will help to get the word out consistently about Australia’s freshest tea! There’s lots of scope to make a difference and implement some of the exciting plans that have been identified for 2020.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead and direct key strategic projects as assigned to build consumer engagement and drive penetration and sales growth.
- Analysing and reporting on performance of the Nerada brand, competitors, market share and key products.
- Consumer led insights – looking for trends and reporting insights that can lead to future consumer led product and marketing opportunities.
- Manage advertising initiatives for the brand to grow awareness – focusing on below the line advertising tactics.
- Own and drive packaging project to help tweak existing product packaging.
- Partner with digital agency to develop plans, activity, and support across the Nerada tea and herbal infusion products via owned digital channels.
- Work with sales teams to better understand category dynamics and help support retailer initiatives through on brand marketing execution.
- Plan and coordinate the development and introduction of new products including marketing, pricing, financial, supply and manufacturing aspects.
- Present business cases, and strategies to senior management.
- Develop and manage budget for the portfolio for advertising, promotion and other activities.
- Ensure consistency of brand as per guidelines across multiple touch points.
- Source supply of relevant branded merchandise for online sales.
- Work with team to help grow direct to consumer sales, online and via Malanda Tea Room.
- In conjunction with agency, participate in the development and execution of the PR, influencer/media strategy and events.
What we’re looking for:
- 4-5 years’ experience in a Brand Management role.
- A proven track record creating marketing strategies and implementation, new product development and below the line campaign management experience.
- Solid experience in project management and leading projects from concept creation, new product development, launches and innovation leadership.
- Strong commercial and financial acumen, proven experience managing budgets coupled with exceptional communication skills.
- Solid understanding of consumer insights and market analysis.
- Experience using Nielsen.
- Ability to build collaborative internal and external relationships.
- Ability to plan multiple priorities and manage differing stakeholder and customer needs.
- Relevant Business Degree Qualification.
About Nerada Tea
Nerada delivers a minimum of 6 million kilos of fresh tea leaves to its Malanda processing facility each year, which results in approximately 1.5 million kilograms of black tea or almost 750 million cups of tea a year. That’s around 9,000 cups of tea an hour! It is then transported directly to the Brisbane packaging factory, fresh Australian grown tea which can go from crop to cup within 35 days.
Nerada produces a range of pesticide-free black tea which is available in loose leaf format, tagged tea bags, cup or pot bags. Nerada also offers a popular range of organic tea and herbal infusion products.
Despite the size of the plantation, we’re a small family-focused team. An ability to work in a small team environment and multi-task is essential. Travel between our head office in Acacia Ridge Brisbane where you will be based and our plantation in Malanda where you will be required from time to time.
- Job Type
For further information
- Brenden Minehan
- (07) 3272 0444