A sucker for scroll-stopping visual social content? This job's for you.
Social Media and Content communications agency, We The People, is looking for an enthusiastic Art Director (Graphic Designer) to join our growing team in Melbourne.
At We The People, we believe modern brands need to be great storytellers to effectively communicate with today’s digital natives. We partner with leading and upcoming brands to help them tell stories that drive business results.
We’re looking for diverse minds to join us on our mission to make brands great storytellers.
About the Role
As an Art Director (Graphic Designer), you’ll be both concepting and crafting visual ideas for clients across a range of campaigns and projects. You’ll be responsible for bringing visual ideas to life that grab attention and help our clients tell stories across a range of social, digital and traditional mediums. You’ll have the ability to work independently to deadlines at a high-quality, but also work alongside other members of the team to contribute ideas, insight and perspective in the development of campaigns.
In this role, you’ll be…
- Leading creative and visual design outcomes on various client projects and campaigns.
- Ideating high-quality visual concepts and crafting designs that stop the thumb from scrolling.
- Crafting, conceptualising and designing work from campaign briefs through to final delivery.
- Developing video and motion graphic social media video assets.
- Developing art direction for social media and digital channels aligned with new and refreshed brand/creative platforms.
- Participating in the production process (video & stills) to provide visual direction and brand consistency, alongside other agency and production staff.
- Supporting other creative team members to develop BAU social/digital assets and campaigns.
You’ll be bringing to the table…
- 2-4 years of graphic design and/or art direction experience.
- A professional level of competency with Sketch and/or the Adobe creative suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro, Illustrator).
- Basic video editing (Final Cut Pro or Premiere Pro) and basic animation skills.
- Previous experience developing visual digital assets for commercial organisations.
- A passion for creativity, coming up with new visual concepts and ideas.
- Strong organisational skills to ensure tasks are completed on tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills to confidently share ideas and present work to other team members and clients.
What we offer you…
- A fun and energetic workplace full of passionate, creative people.
- Based in our South Melbourne office complete with breakfast, all the coffee you can drink, beer on-tap and table tennis (if that’s your thing)!
- Flexible working arrangements, we’re not just about the 9 – 5 and offer flexibility in the ways we work.
- Opportunity to grow your career through professional development and upskill opportunities at We The People.
- The chance to lead the way in our growing team.
How to Apply
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and share with us your resume, including a link or attachment to a portfolio of previous work.
Please direct any questions to email@example.com.
Please Note: To be considered for this role, you must be based in Melbourne and have the right to live and work in Australia.
- Job Type