Houston is a dynamic and highly productive strategy and design agency that specialises in creating and repositioning brands for our expanding portfolio of iconic clients, and we are currently on the hunt for the next curious mind to join our busy account service team!
A BIT ABOUT US
Now in our tenth year of business, our mission is to deliver on the demands of business strategy with impactful brand and design solutions. We affect change from deep within an organisation, connecting it with world-class creative execution.
In the last two years we’ve led the Toyota brand transformation across Australia and Asia and been integral in the return of iconic Australian fuel brand Ampol. Alongside these large-scale transformation projects, Houston continues to work with key clients including Lendlease, Origin and Macquarie Bank and has also recently undertaken important work for The Black Dog Institute, R U OK?, Westfund Health Insurance and Belvoir Theatre. We have a great mix of clients – big and small, across a range of industry sectors.
We are attitude-free with a culture like no other. The leadership team encourages a fun, flexible, and energetic environment, where everyone feels at home and valued for their contribution. Our Surry Hills office is filled with great people that love what they do, supported and championed in what they do best! Houston really is one of those agencies you dreamed about but never knew existed.
The account service department is small but mighty (5 of us), packed with ambitious, fun, curious, big thinkers. We believe the heart of any successful business is a passion and belief in what you do, and being surrounded by great people who lead, inspire and nurture growth. That’s what makes this role so important.
It’s a busy role but one where you’ll be exposed to big thinking and important, high stakes projects and decision making. Supporting an Account Director, this is a great opportunity to learn from a diverse team with different backgrounds and get exposed to some of Australia’s largest brand and campaign work. There’s also room to grow through mentorship and direct project experience.
- Handle day to day administration of accounts, including internal and client WIPs, studio resource, meetings, contact reports, estimates and proposal development, under the direction of an Account Director.
- Develop comprehensive studio briefs, demonstrating a keen understanding of the client challenge, competitive set and project context.
- Work with internal stakeholders to get things done on time, on budget and at a high quality, ensuring materials are thoroughly reviewed and checked before dispatching to clients.
- Develop a valued relationship with key clients, becoming their ‘go to’ person for all things brand.
- Be a real team player and add to the daily vibrancy and atmosphere of the Houston office!
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and confidence in client meetings/presentations
- Attention to detail and ability to stay on top of finances
- Ability to work autonomously, whilst also demonstrating a team-player attitude – being able to collaborate when necessary
- Positive mindset with a ‘can do’ attitude, willing to develop productive and valued relationships internally and externally with clients.
- Deep curiosity in all things brand – from brand strategy right through to campaign development.
- Demonstrates initiative – a proactive thinker and doer who is inquisitive, hungry to learn and looks for ways to make a difference.
- The ability to approach problem solving in innovative ways to gain the best solution
***Candidates with Property and/or Finance account experience will be highly regarded, but it is not a mandatory.***
- You’re a time management hero, with a keen interest in getting to know a client/organisation from the inside out and form a collaborative relationship where you’re seen as a valued extension of their team.
- You’re positive and keen to ‘get stuff done’ – we’re a team of can-do thinkers with no egos, so we’re looking for a similar-minded person who is up for a laugh, but isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and get into it.
- You’re strategically minded, but love all things design- the Account Service team has a great relationship and dynamic with the Strategy and Design teams at Houston, and we’re looking for another valued member to continue to demonstrate their passion and appreciation for all things brand!
- You’re ready for a challenge- the great thing about Houston is that you’ll be exposed to a full range of project types, from large scale brand transformation projects to smaller campaign and execution briefs. We’re looking for someone who is happy to get involved in a variety of project types, including assisting in the production and roll out of brand/campaign assets where required.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same, we’d love to chat.
Please send your CV and cover letter (outlining why you’d be a good fit) to:
- Job Type
For further information
- Jo Lilley