* Take control of projects with some of the biggest Australian brands * Immerse yourself in Australian sporting codes * Transform your career and join the authority in Sport & Entertainment
Gemba is the authority in Sport & Entertainment, and we’re currently looking for an experienced Account Director to join our team. Based in Sydney, this role will be charged with leading members of the Account Management Team in the strategic development and implementation of ideas. You’ll be managing the day to day running of assigned clients and projects as well as overseeing the estimating and budgeting process of your team.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the Sports and Entertainment industries with some blue-chip clients. You’ll need 6+ years’ experience in managing the execution of marketing communications from creative brief to production delivery (i.e. Content, Events, Advertising Production, Sponsorship, Digital, Social).
Gemba is a leading Sports & Entertainment consultancy with offices in Australia, New Zealand and the UK, and an enviable client list across the sporting, entertainment and consumer goods sector.
Our Marketing team work with brands to understand and identify how they can connect with their target audience through Sport and Entertainment. We achieve this through a considered and rigorous strategic approach that is underpinned by consumer insights.
Outstanding people and culture are at the heart of our business and we judge ourselves on actions and behaviours. We take our values seriously. We measure them, hold ourselves accountable and hire accordingly. We invest in our people by offering a wide range of employee benefits designed to provide a positive, fun and balanced work/life experience.
A little about the role
Based in Sydney and reporting to the Head of Client Services, you will be responsible for managing the day to day workflow of assigned client’s business and Marketing Communications projects by understanding and contributing to effective client management, budget control and managing external vendors to ensure the optimal profitability on projects and maximum client impact.
The key responsibilities of this role will be the strategic creation and management of campaigns on time and within budget whilst maintaining strong client relationships. You will work with the marketing strategy team to develop strategies for core creative ideas and manage an internal team, creatives and external suppliers to bring the concept to life across sponsorship, print, digital, consumer promotions and events, among other channels.
A little about you
You will have tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, PR or Events and ideally have experience in an agency role. Having graced the corridors of advertising agencies, your excellent communication skills, organisational skills, attention to detail and negotiation skills will set you apart from other applicants.
You will thrive in a fast paced, busy environment that will see you work across a multitude of tasks at any one time. An energetic personality is important; we are seeking a hardworking, diligent marketing professional, but you must have the ability to let your hair down and have a laugh with the fantastic team that surrounds you.
More specifically, you will have:
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in managing the execution of marketing communications (i.e. Content, Advertising Production, Sponsorship, Events, Digital, Content, Social) from creative brief to production delivery
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing Account Management teams
- Proven experience in key stakeholder management including liaising with clients and other external agencies
- Experience in managing large budgets (in excess of $1.0 Million) and negotiating with external vendors
- Strong understanding of the communication planning process
- Highly developed skills in content, events, experiential, advertising or media
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A valid ‘Working with Children’ check and a current driver’s license
During activations and specific projects, you will need to be prepared to work outside of normal office hours.
This is a great opportunity to join the Gemba team who are well respected as thought leaders in the exciting and dynamic Sports and Entertainment category.
How to apply for this job?
Written applications including a CV and COVER LETTER should be addressed to Barbara Skanavis, Talent Acquisition Manager and emailed to email@example.com
Applications close Friday 25 October 2019
Note: You must hold the right to live and work in Australia
- Job Type
- $90,000 - $100,000
For further information
- Barbara Skanavis