We’re not gonna lie, this job ad contains graphic content… we also love a pun but that one stinks, sorry.
The Misfits is a full service agency creating brand stories and customer connections. We offer owned channels to market as well as creative, digital and event services.
About the role
We’re seeking a creative digital designer / art director that loves brand and visual content creation.
This key role will fit into and potentially lead our Creative Services team of 4 designers. So, small enough for autonomy and creative control, but big enough to have support.
The daily tasks vary hugely. We produce, shoot and edit videos. We design event branding for tech conferences, award shows and consumer engagements. This gets rolled out across print, social, email and digital channels.
We also create motion graphic assets for content campaigns like this: https://www.bandt.com.au/youtube-audiences-culture-trends/ (sorry Seek doesn’t allow links, so 🍏c 🍎v people.)
- 5+ years experience in a digital design role (agency experience highly regarded).
- Significant experience with motion design
- Signifiant experience with brand identity and brand creation
- Excellent 2D digital design ability
- Creative thinker
- Excellent knowledge of After Affects, Photoshop, Illustrator and the wider Adobe Creative Suite
- Proven ability to collaborate with editorial and production teams to create premium, engaging and interactive native content, social media assets and mocks for clients.
- Ability to operate quickly and calmly
- Excellent verbal / written skills, with the ability to present ideas and articulate design decisions effectively.
- A self-starter who likes to remain up-to-date with the latest design trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Experience managing a team
- Experience with Adobe Premiere, videography and photography isn’t essential but is highly regarded.
The Misfits Media Company owns two leading media brands, Travel Weekly & B&T, which reach their communities via email, web and social channels. These brands have range of awards, conferences and networking events attached to them for which we feverishly maintain meticulous brand presence.
Furthermore we also operate as a full service agency rolling out digital campaigns and in person events for major brands and tech clients.
The Misfits employs around 30 staff with editorial, events, sales and creative backgrounds. We have an office dog(s), edit suite and a purpose built studio for podcasts and shoots.
To apply, please send in your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.