It’s that time of year again. Yes, the Women in Media Awards for 2017 are fast approaching and there’s no time like the present to get your nominations in.
And this year – along with all the traditional categories that cover our wonderful industry – three new ones have been introduced to spice things up and reach even more women, and those working for the benefit of women in the industry today. And we’re here to tell you how to make a splash if you’ve got your eyes on one of these gongs.
The first new category is Male Champion of Change, to recognise the men throughout the media landscape that support and champion female progression.
CRITERIA FOR MALE CHAMPION OF CHANGE:
- An outline of the significant contribution the entrant has made to the retention, progression, satisfaction or development of individuals or groups of females within their organisation and/or the profession (500 words – 40 points)
- A brief profile of the nominee, including significant achievements and accomplishments of note during their time with their organisation (500 words – 30 points)
- Two individual references of no more than 500 words each, from appropriate staff members detailing their own experiences with the nominee (1,000 words – 15 points each)
The second is for the Best Ad Campaign that champions the equality cause for women in society. This newly-created category aims to recognise campaigns which champion the equality cause and contribute to the promotion of women.
CRITERIA FOR BEST AD CAMPAIGN:
- Outline the central idea behind this campaign in answering client’s brief (250 words – 40 points)
- Evidence of the quality of execution and integration in multiple media channels (200 words – 30 points)
- Demonstrate evidence of its effectiveness and success in targets set out by the brief (200 words – 30 points)
And lastly, we have the Creative Producer to champion producers from advertising agencies and production companies. Roles include, but are not limited to: agency producers, film and production producers, music and sound producers.
CRITERIA FOR CREATIVE PRODUCER:
- A brief overview of what the nominee has contributed in the judging period of 1 January 2016 to 30 April 2017 to the media profession and the wider community (500 words – 50 points)
- Outline the nominee’s future ambitions (500 words – 30 points)
- At least one reference from either an employer, community leader, academic or client must be included with the entry (300 words – 20 points)
Here’s a list of all 15 categories you can nominate for:
- Media Buyer/Planner
- Public Relations
- Rising Star
- Sales/Account Manager
- Male Champion of Change
- Best Ad Campaign – Championing the Equality Cause
- Creative Producer
So, what are you waiting for? To enter this year’s prestigious awards, simply click here.
And to find out who you’ll need to impress to take home a highly-coveted Women in Media gong, click here.
The General Sir John Monash Foundation today announced it has partnered with Sydney-based media agency, Mojo Media, to launch its first podcast series, The Scholars. The series features exclusive interviews with John Monash Scholars across all fields of academia, business, science, humanities, and the arts. Hosted by the CEO of Mojo Media, Justin Kelly, the […]