UnLtd, the media, marketing and creative industry’s social purpose organisation has announced a total industry contribution of $10.5m to social impact in FY18.
The total value of funds, services, inventory and time donated by the media, marketing and creative industry increased by 21per cent compared to the previous financial year due to a growth in corporate partners, and an increase in fundraising through events and media inventory donations.
Chris Freel, CEO of UnLtd commented: “We’ve seen a surge in demand from individuals and organisations wanting to get involved and give back to the community, which has resulted in the biggest year yet.
“Since our launch, we have now generated over $45m to social impact and our aim is to make it $100m by 2021.”
Freel added: “We are proud of everyone in the industry who has helped us achieve this result and feel that we are really starting to gain momentum with much more to come.
“The impact these donations have had on changing the lives of children and young people at risk is huge.
“We joke about not saving lives in our industry but through the support of UnLtd and our charity partners that is exactly what we are doing.”
Highlights of the impact our industry has made in FY18 include:
- Helped keep kids out of prison and off the streets through funding critical outreach program for Whitelion supporting over 100 young people living rough on the streets of Sydney each week
- Gave rural young people disengaged from education valuable life and employment skills by funding a welding training program and building a mobile office at BackTrack
- Provided children suffering from severe trauma access to critical trauma therapy through the funding of the Be Centre Arts Club project
- Helped batyr smash the stigma around mental health by running 25 school programs reaching over 3,700 high school children, funded by UnLtd corporate partners
- Launched the UnLtd: Talent Rise program to tackle youth unemployment with 6 young people already placed into employment within the media, marketing and creative industry
- Supported Mirabel in breaking the cycle of drug abuse by funding an alumni program to provide mentoring for children orphaned or abandoned due to drug abuse
- Funded creative writing workshops by Sydney Story Factoryfor 70 marginalised teenagers in Shalvey in Blacktown to develop their writing skills and confidence to find their voice and shape their future
- Raised brand awareness and funds for batyr, HeartKids, Pyjama Foundation, Sydney Story Factory, Mirabel, Weave and Youth Off The Streets through national campaigns
- Through setting up and managing successful corporate partnerships, helped charities grow and scale up to support thousands of vulnerable children and young people
To celebrate and showcase the fantastic positive impact our industry has generated, UnLtd has also announced the launch of the inaugural Big Dream event in partnership with the MFA.
The event on 15 November will bring the entire industry together to celebrate the impact we’ve generated as an industry, hear from some of those young people whose lives have been transformed and to raise funds to help even more children and young people at risk.
Sophie Madden, CEO of MFA commented: “There is so much generosity in our industry and it’s something that should be acknowledged and celebrated.
“The MFA has been a long-term supporter of UnLtd and we are delighted to be partnering with UnLtd to showcase some of the amazing work our industry has done to make a positive change in the society.”
Danny Bass, CEO of IPG Mediabrands and Board Member of UnLtd commented: “Once again, our industry has shown its generosity with another record-breaking year in contributions to UnLtd’s charity partners.
“The Big Dream allows us to showcase the positive social impact we’re making each day and reward those that have truly made a difference.
“I encourage everyone in the industry to join the Big Dream to celebrate as an industry and to continue to make a difference in the lives of young people at risk.
Tickets now available for Big Dream here.
More about UnLtd here.
Please login with linkedin to commentUNLTD
Domain’s chief marketing officer (CMO), Rebecca Darley, said that without Tealium’s customer data platform (CDP), her business would not have been able to achieve the personalised marketing success that has made it one of the leaders in data-driven marketing in Australia. Speaking at an exclusive breakfast event hosted by B&T at Sydney’s swish harbourside restaurant, […]
Man of Many in partnership with NBC Universal, stages an atmosphere of elegance for Sydney premiere of ‘Argylle’ film. Independent lifestyle publication digital publication, Man of Many, has shown its innovative approach to event management in the premiere of ‘Argylle’ at Hoyts Cinema in Sydney’s entertainment quatre. Over 400 guests were included in the films […]