Eighties poodle rockers Guns ‘N Roses’ single Sweet Child O’ Mine is now officially the first music video from the ‘80s to rock its way into YouTube’s Billion Views Club.
This new milestone marks the second decade milestone for the band whose 1992 video for the epic masterpiece November Rain broke records in 2018 as the first (and so far only) video from the 90’s to reach one billion views!
Guns N’ Roses injected unbridled attitude into the burgeoning Los Angeles rock scene and went on to captivate the entire world with the July 21, 1987 release of Appetite For Destruction, which remains the best-selling US debut album ever, selling more than 30 million copies globally.
The band’s ongoing success of the Not In This Lifetime worldwide tour now become the fourth spot on the list of the most successful tours in music history on its first two years with no sign of slowing down.
Guns N’ Roses’ staying power is undeniable. With more than 6.7 million YouTube subscribers and record breaking videos across decades, the band and their iconic music continues to inspire. Their loyal legion of hard rocking fans from all over the world keep coming back to their classic videos, making them one of the top 200 most viewed artists of 2019 globally on YouTube.
Guns ‘N Roses Stats:
- Guns N’ Roses November Rain is the only music video from the 1990s in the billion views club.
- Guns N’ Roses Sweet Child O’ Mine is the first music video from the 1980s to enter the billion views club
- Guns N’ Roses have amassed over 6.7 million subscribers on their official artist channel.
- Daily views of Guns N’ Roses have averaged 3.1 million in 2019
- Guns N’ Roses are amongst the top 200 most viewed artist of 2019 both globally and in the US.
- Guns N’ Roses have already earned over 895 million views in 2019, earning massive numbers in countries like the United States (163 million), Brazil (117 million), Mexico (112 million), Argentina (48 million), and Colombia (37 million).
- The official music video for Sweet Child O’ Mine has seen an average of 590K daily views in 2019
Top Five Music Videos by Decade [1980 – 2019]
- Guns N’ Roses – Sweet Child O’ Mine (Official Music Video) – 1B
- a-ha – Take On Me (Official Music Video) – 943M
- Cyndi Lauper – Girls Just Want To Have Fun (Official Video) – 786M
- The Police – Every Breath You Take (Official Music Video) – 699M
- Michael Jackson – Billie Jean (Official Music Video) – 694M
- Guns N’ Roses – November Rain – 1.2B
- Nirvana – Smells Like Teen Spirit (Official Music Video) – 968M
- The Cranberries – Zombie (Official Music Video) – 962M
- Whitney Houston – I Will Always Love You (Official Music Video) – 859M
- 4 Non Blondes – What’s Up (Official Video) – 765M
DoubleVerify (DV) has released its state of retail media report, “The Rise of Retail Media: What to Expect in 2024,” surveying over 400 advertisers and agency executives about retail media networks (RMNs) in the UK, US, France, and Germany. The report explores the rapidly expanding retail media market, which includes RMNs provided by retailers or […]
Hot off the heels of winning an ARIA for its “Voice of the Sea” campaign, Innocean Australia has again teamed up with the Australian Marine Conservation Society (AMCS) to create an exhibition highlighting the silent extinction facing lesser-known Australian sharks and rays. These endangered species are so unique and live so deep beneath the ocean […]
Trends and issues, including AI, the inexorable rise of Baby Boomers, curated fandom, contextual commerce and cost of living concerns, are set to dominate the hearts and minds of consumers next year, according to The Media Store’s Consumer Trends 2024. The report, released today, outlines the top trends set to interest, impact and inspire consumers […]
Independent brand and digital agency, Archibald Williams (AW) has been appointed to lead the NBA account across the APAC region. The NBA is one of the most prestigious sporting leagues in the world and basketball is one of the fastest-growing sports in Australia. Effective immediately, AW said it was “excited” to work across all digital, […]
B&T's shining a light on industry folk prior to adland. Preference given to anyone purporting actual UFO abduction.
Leading digital outdoor company QMS has announced it is the first-ever inaugural partner for Most Contagious APAC, the landmark London event by creative and strategic intelligence company Contagious, which will be showcased in Australia on Tuesday, 12 December in Sydney and Wednesday, 13 December in Melbourne. Most Contagious is an event that delivers key advertising […]
Omnicom’s data and analytics division Annalect has partnered with Meta, giving it access to Advanced Analytics (AA) – one of Meta’s privacy-focused measurement solutions – to provide Omnicom’s clients with future-proof, next-level measurement. Omnicom is the first holding company to have access to AA. AA allows advertisers to combine their first-party data with Meta’s ads […]