Eighties poodle rockers Guns ‘N Roses’ single Sweet Child O’ Mine is now officially the first music video from the ‘80s to rock its way into YouTube’s Billion Views Club.
This new milestone marks the second decade milestone for the band whose 1992 video for the epic masterpiece November Rain broke records in 2018 as the first (and so far only) video from the 90’s to reach one billion views!
Guns N’ Roses injected unbridled attitude into the burgeoning Los Angeles rock scene and went on to captivate the entire world with the July 21, 1987 release of Appetite For Destruction, which remains the best-selling US debut album ever, selling more than 30 million copies globally.
The band’s ongoing success of the Not In This Lifetime worldwide tour now become the fourth spot on the list of the most successful tours in music history on its first two years with no sign of slowing down.
Guns N’ Roses’ staying power is undeniable. With more than 6.7 million YouTube subscribers and record breaking videos across decades, the band and their iconic music continues to inspire. Their loyal legion of hard rocking fans from all over the world keep coming back to their classic videos, making them one of the top 200 most viewed artists of 2019 globally on YouTube.
Guns ‘N Roses Stats:
- Guns N’ Roses November Rain is the only music video from the 1990s in the billion views club.
- Guns N’ Roses Sweet Child O’ Mine is the first music video from the 1980s to enter the billion views club
- Guns N’ Roses have amassed over 6.7 million subscribers on their official artist channel.
- Daily views of Guns N’ Roses have averaged 3.1 million in 2019
- Guns N’ Roses are amongst the top 200 most viewed artist of 2019 both globally and in the US.
- Guns N’ Roses have already earned over 895 million views in 2019, earning massive numbers in countries like the United States (163 million), Brazil (117 million), Mexico (112 million), Argentina (48 million), and Colombia (37 million).
- The official music video for Sweet Child O’ Mine has seen an average of 590K daily views in 2019
Top Five Music Videos by Decade [1980 – 2019]
- Guns N’ Roses – Sweet Child O’ Mine (Official Music Video) – 1B
- a-ha – Take On Me (Official Music Video) – 943M
- Cyndi Lauper – Girls Just Want To Have Fun (Official Video) – 786M
- The Police – Every Breath You Take (Official Music Video) – 699M
- Michael Jackson – Billie Jean (Official Music Video) – 694M
- Guns N’ Roses – November Rain – 1.2B
- Nirvana – Smells Like Teen Spirit (Official Music Video) – 968M
- The Cranberries – Zombie (Official Music Video) – 962M
- Whitney Houston – I Will Always Love You (Official Music Video) – 859M
- 4 Non Blondes – What’s Up (Official Video) – 765M
Spikes Asia has announced the appointment of Jenny Lau as events director. Based in Singapore, Lau will take overall responsibility for Spikes Asia. Lau (pictured) has worked within the Asia-Pacific advertising industry for more than 20 years and brings a deep understanding of the trends and issues affecting the regional advertising and marketing industry. Lau […]
Global ecommerce and marketplace specialist Pattern has ranked a group of 50 brands selling on Amazon.com.au based on a set of best practice criteria it has developed. Pet brand Zenify topped the ranking in Pattern’s Amazon Australia Benchmarking Report, scoring 82 per cent of the possible marks against a set of criteria designed to measure […]
Fifth Dimension Consulting has announced the expansion of its executive leadership team in response to the organisation’s significant growth over the last 18 months. Lyndall Spooner has moved from the position of managing director to the role of chief executive officer (CEO). As CEO, she will lead Fifth Dimensions’ innovation arm, as well as the […]
GoDaddy Inc. has today announced the Australian launch of GoDaddy Studio, a new content creation tool designed for small and medium businesses to create beautiful visual content for their business for all platforms. Compatible on both iOS and Android mobile apps and desktop, GoDaddy Studio includes thousands of customisable templates and easy-to-use tools, providing small […]
Seismic has announced an expanded New Zealand (NZ) presence to support the transformation of sales and marketing teams, and enable the nation’s employers to focus on upskilling their workforces to overcome a digital skills shortage. The company has also signed NZ-based specialist consultancies, Fresh Perspective Sales (FPS) and Jumping Fox Interactive, as its first two […]
Alex Huntley, Booktopia’s head of customer experience, recently appeared at software company Freshworks’ recent digital CX summit RE:SOLVE. During the summit, Huntley shared his thoughts on future-proofing customer service architecture.Huntley sat down with B&T to discuss Booktopia’s partnership with Freshworks and how it has helped their platform develop. B&T: Why did Booktopia first decide to partner […]
The Edison Agency has made four new appointments in its Sydney office to service the continued growth across key account The Arnott’s Group and the recent appointment to Nestlé Oceania’s strategic packaging design roster. Over the past 12 months, the culmination of strategic and creative work across the Uncle Toby’s brand and continued growth of […]
SCA has announced a new smart speaker experience for the Hit Network, with Tom and Olly’s Guide to Lockdown. A voice-activated way to get inspiration and information on fun activities that can be done at home, the guide is curated to appeal to a wide audience. Smart speaker users will find a range of ideas […]