The Foxtel Group today marked International Women’s Day with a series of new initiatives to increase the visibility and accessibility of women’s sport on Foxtel and Kayo and through the Foxtel magazine.
Foxtel Group chief content and commercial officer Amanda Laing said: “As Australia’s largest and most experienced producer and broadcaster of elite sports, we are uniquely placed to deliver thousands of hours of coverage which elevates the profile and status of women’s sports and sportswomen.
“By making women’s sports even more visible and accessible, we can not only showcase the incredible talent of our female athletes, but we can play a vital role in inspiring girls and women from across Australia to participate in sports at the community and elite level.”
International Women’s Day will feature a panel discussion streamed on Kayo and Facebook commencing at 8.30pm AEDT hosted by Fox Sports’ Yvonne Sampson and featuring four of Australia’s most prominent sportswomen: Sam Kerr, Alyssa Healy, Tayla Harris and Ali Brigginshaw. Other initiatives announced for International Women’s Day include:
- Kayo. From today, games from all sporting competitions supported by the Federal Government’s women’s, niche and other under-represented sports will be available free on Kayo, Australia’s leading sports streaming service. These games will be available in front of the paywall, free as Kayo Freebies, where the Foxtel Group’s rights permit
The initiative dramatically increases the accessibility of women’s and under-represented sport and will include live and on-demand games from the AFLW, WBBL, W-League, WNBL, surfing including the Women’s Championship Tour, Rugby Sevens, hockey, baseball, croquet, fencing, lawn bowls, ultimate frisbee and dragon boating.
- Fox Sports. April will be dedicated to showcasing the best in Australian and international women’s elite sport with the return of FOXW, a dedicated pop up channel. Live sports, documentaries and specials to feature on FOXW include
- AFLW. After an exciting home and away season, the AFLW finals series and Grand Final.
- W-League. The finale of the Westfield W-League season with the Semi Finals and Grand Final.
- Cricket. The Australia vs New Zealand women’s ODI’s series on April 4, 7 and 10 in New Zealand.
- Surfing. The 2021 Women’s Championship Tour of the World Surf League with the Rip Curl Newcastle Cup from April 1-11 and the Rip Curl Narrabeen Classic from April 16-26.
- Hockey. The month of April will feature Women’s FIH Pro-League Hockey with Argentina, USA, Germany and China all taking to field and on April 24 and 25, Australia’s Hockeyroos face New Zealand in back-to-back blockbusters in Perth.
- Golf. The USLPGA Tour features four tournaments in April, including the ANA Inspiration on April 2, the Lotte Championship on April 15, the Hugel-Air Premia LA Open on April 23 and the HSBC Women’s World Championship on April 29.
- Do What It Takes. Six part access all areas documentary series from Netball Australia showcasing the highs and lows of 2020 Suncorp Super Netball season.
- The Heat Repeat. Two part documentary series from Cricket Australia with unprecedented access to Brisbane Heat’s maiden WBBL triumph.
- FOXW Specials. Four part series featuring exclusive interviews with some of Australia’s most inspirational sportswomen.
- Foxtel magazine. In the April edition and throughout 2021, the monthly Foxtel magazine will profile women’s sports and athletes, helping to raise their profile among the magazine’s 500,000 readers.
Please login with linkedin to commentFoxtel
Independent brand and digital agency, Archibald Williams (AW) has been appointed to lead the NBA account across the APAC region. The NBA is one of the most prestigious sporting leagues in the world and basketball is one of the fastest-growing sports in Australia. Effective immediately, AW said it was “excited” to work across all digital, […]
B&T's shining a light on industry folk prior to adland. Preference given to anyone purporting actual UFO abduction.
Leading digital outdoor company QMS has announced it is the first-ever inaugural partner for Most Contagious APAC, the landmark London event by creative and strategic intelligence company Contagious, which will be showcased in Australia on Tuesday, 12 December in Sydney and Wednesday, 13 December in Melbourne. Most Contagious is an event that delivers key advertising […]
Omnicom’s data and analytics division Annalect has partnered with Meta, giving it access to Advanced Analytics (AA) – one of Meta’s privacy-focused measurement solutions – to provide Omnicom’s clients with future-proof, next-level measurement. Omnicom is the first holding company to have access to AA. AA allows advertisers to combine their first-party data with Meta’s ads […]
WPP’s AKQA has launched Fixmas.gift, an environmentally conscious AI-powered DIY assistant, affectionately known as Fixie, for a one-stop solution for all things repair. Fixmas.gift hosts an array of guides and inspiration to empower people to prolong the lives of their belongings or purchase pre-owned items that need a little love and care. Fixie can: Help […]
Marc Collister (pictured) of P2 Content Creators spills the beans on his 2024 predictions drawing from two decades of experience in the advertising, film and television industry. I’m certain it will come as no surprise that in 2024, we can expect our industry to move at breakneck speed again. With even more rapid shifts in […]
Zeno Australia has announced expanded creative design capabilities and the appointment of Jim Michell (lead image) to its senior leadership team. The new moves support strong growth in the region. Zeno Australia’s clients, including Abano Healthcare, Motorola and Yorkshire Tea, can now tap into a suite of creative design services to augment the agency’s work […]
Assembled Media, is drawing upon the creative power of TikTok Creator Marketplace to help generate unique, impactful content for iconic stationery brand, BIC. The social activation campaign titled ‘A Pen for Every Side of You’ promotes the flexibility of BIC’s 4 Colours pen and is active nationwide on the BIC Stationery TikTok account. The campaign […]
Pinterest reckons jellyfish & moody cowboys will be big in 2024. Refused to be drawn on the return of shoulder pads.
IAB Australia has launched ‘Evolution in Market Mix Modelling’, the fourth module in its Marketing Measurement Innovation Series, which has been developed by IAB Australia’s Ad Effectiveness Council. The module explores what is driving the increased use of MMM and how the technique is evolving with advances in computing power and machine learning to provide […]
Scope3, the collaborative sustainability platform leading the decarbonisation of media and advertising, announced the addition of digital out-of-home (DOOH) to its emissions measurement. With DOOH ad spending predicted to grow from $17B in 2023 to nearly $24B by 2028, measuring this channel brings us one step closer to understanding the total impact of digital advertising […]
NRF 2024: Retail’s Big Show Asia Pacific, is now open for online registrations for the main conference. Jointly organized by the National Retail Federation and Comexposium, Retail’s Big Show Asia Pacific will take place from 11 – 13 June, 2024 at the Sands Expo and Convention Centre in Singapore and is expected to draw thousands […]