The Foxtel Group today marked International Women’s Day with a series of new initiatives to increase the visibility and accessibility of women’s sport on Foxtel and Kayo and through the Foxtel magazine.
Foxtel Group chief content and commercial officer Amanda Laing said: “As Australia’s largest and most experienced producer and broadcaster of elite sports, we are uniquely placed to deliver thousands of hours of coverage which elevates the profile and status of women’s sports and sportswomen.
“By making women’s sports even more visible and accessible, we can not only showcase the incredible talent of our female athletes, but we can play a vital role in inspiring girls and women from across Australia to participate in sports at the community and elite level.”
International Women’s Day will feature a panel discussion streamed on Kayo and Facebook commencing at 8.30pm AEDT hosted by Fox Sports’ Yvonne Sampson and featuring four of Australia’s most prominent sportswomen: Sam Kerr, Alyssa Healy, Tayla Harris and Ali Brigginshaw. Other initiatives announced for International Women’s Day include:
- Kayo. From today, games from all sporting competitions supported by the Federal Government’s women’s, niche and other under-represented sports will be available free on Kayo, Australia’s leading sports streaming service. These games will be available in front of the paywall, free as Kayo Freebies, where the Foxtel Group’s rights permit
The initiative dramatically increases the accessibility of women’s and under-represented sport and will include live and on-demand games from the AFLW, WBBL, W-League, WNBL, surfing including the Women’s Championship Tour, Rugby Sevens, hockey, baseball, croquet, fencing, lawn bowls, ultimate frisbee and dragon boating.
- Fox Sports. April will be dedicated to showcasing the best in Australian and international women’s elite sport with the return of FOXW, a dedicated pop up channel. Live sports, documentaries and specials to feature on FOXW include
- AFLW. After an exciting home and away season, the AFLW finals series and Grand Final.
- W-League. The finale of the Westfield W-League season with the Semi Finals and Grand Final.
- Cricket. The Australia vs New Zealand women’s ODI’s series on April 4, 7 and 10 in New Zealand.
- Surfing. The 2021 Women’s Championship Tour of the World Surf League with the Rip Curl Newcastle Cup from April 1-11 and the Rip Curl Narrabeen Classic from April 16-26.
- Hockey. The month of April will feature Women’s FIH Pro-League Hockey with Argentina, USA, Germany and China all taking to field and on April 24 and 25, Australia’s Hockeyroos face New Zealand in back-to-back blockbusters in Perth.
- Golf. The USLPGA Tour features four tournaments in April, including the ANA Inspiration on April 2, the Lotte Championship on April 15, the Hugel-Air Premia LA Open on April 23 and the HSBC Women’s World Championship on April 29.
- Do What It Takes. Six part access all areas documentary series from Netball Australia showcasing the highs and lows of 2020 Suncorp Super Netball season.
- The Heat Repeat. Two part documentary series from Cricket Australia with unprecedented access to Brisbane Heat’s maiden WBBL triumph.
- FOXW Specials. Four part series featuring exclusive interviews with some of Australia’s most inspirational sportswomen.
- Foxtel magazine. In the April edition and throughout 2021, the monthly Foxtel magazine will profile women’s sports and athletes, helping to raise their profile among the magazine’s 500,000 readers.
Please login with linkedin to commentFoxtel
The SingularityU Australia Executive Program will take place this may, celebrating leadership at the intersection of the values of humanity and the value of technology. The Elon Musks, Apples and Xeros of the world are taking risks for humanity and creating new technologies that streamline and beautify business operations. They simplify life by providing basic […]
Brisbane media professional and former OMD Australia Account Director Taylor Fielding (pictured) has officially launched TFM Digital. TFM Digital is a specialist media agency based in Newstead which primarily provides media buying services, and strategy development, to businesses chiefly, but not exclusively, within the franchise sector. Prior to the launch of TFM Digital, Fielding spent […]
Judging by the hangovers in the B&T office today you can count yourself damn lucky we even managed this photo thingy.
Launch marketing specialists Five by Five Global have been appointed by FutureFeed to develop their brand, international certification trademark and go to market strategy. The innovative livestock feed ingredient developed by CSIRO, Meat and Livestock Australian and James Cook University uses a specific genus of seaweed, Asparagopsis, which significantly reduces methane emissions in ruminant livestock. […]
Andrew Knowles, partner and co-founder of the corporate communications consultancy Shoebridge Knowles Media Group (SKMG), has won the PR category in the 2021 B&T 30 Under 30 Awards. Knowles received the award at a ceremony in Sydney last night, claiming victory in a highly competitive field that included leading executives from some of Australia’s biggest […]
The AFL is delighted to welcome Therabody as its Official Recovery Partner of the 2021 Toyota AFL Premiership Season. Therabody’s industry-leading devices and research will be integrated into pre-match training and post-match recovery routines to help prevent injuries and help improve overall athletic performance. Therabody will also become the naming partner for the end-of-season AFL […]