The Foxtel Group today marked International Women’s Day with a series of new initiatives to increase the visibility and accessibility of women’s sport on Foxtel and Kayo and through the Foxtel magazine.
Foxtel Group chief content and commercial officer Amanda Laing said: “As Australia’s largest and most experienced producer and broadcaster of elite sports, we are uniquely placed to deliver thousands of hours of coverage which elevates the profile and status of women’s sports and sportswomen.
“By making women’s sports even more visible and accessible, we can not only showcase the incredible talent of our female athletes, but we can play a vital role in inspiring girls and women from across Australia to participate in sports at the community and elite level.”
International Women’s Day will feature a panel discussion streamed on Kayo and Facebook commencing at 8.30pm AEDT hosted by Fox Sports’ Yvonne Sampson and featuring four of Australia’s most prominent sportswomen: Sam Kerr, Alyssa Healy, Tayla Harris and Ali Brigginshaw. Other initiatives announced for International Women’s Day include:
- Kayo. From today, games from all sporting competitions supported by the Federal Government’s women’s, niche and other under-represented sports will be available free on Kayo, Australia’s leading sports streaming service. These games will be available in front of the paywall, free as Kayo Freebies, where the Foxtel Group’s rights permit
The initiative dramatically increases the accessibility of women’s and under-represented sport and will include live and on-demand games from the AFLW, WBBL, W-League, WNBL, surfing including the Women’s Championship Tour, Rugby Sevens, hockey, baseball, croquet, fencing, lawn bowls, ultimate frisbee and dragon boating.
- Fox Sports. April will be dedicated to showcasing the best in Australian and international women’s elite sport with the return of FOXW, a dedicated pop up channel. Live sports, documentaries and specials to feature on FOXW include
- AFLW. After an exciting home and away season, the AFLW finals series and Grand Final.
- W-League. The finale of the Westfield W-League season with the Semi Finals and Grand Final.
- Cricket. The Australia vs New Zealand women’s ODI’s series on April 4, 7 and 10 in New Zealand.
- Surfing. The 2021 Women’s Championship Tour of the World Surf League with the Rip Curl Newcastle Cup from April 1-11 and the Rip Curl Narrabeen Classic from April 16-26.
- Hockey. The month of April will feature Women’s FIH Pro-League Hockey with Argentina, USA, Germany and China all taking to field and on April 24 and 25, Australia’s Hockeyroos face New Zealand in back-to-back blockbusters in Perth.
- Golf. The USLPGA Tour features four tournaments in April, including the ANA Inspiration on April 2, the Lotte Championship on April 15, the Hugel-Air Premia LA Open on April 23 and the HSBC Women’s World Championship on April 29.
- Do What It Takes. Six part access all areas documentary series from Netball Australia showcasing the highs and lows of 2020 Suncorp Super Netball season.
- The Heat Repeat. Two part documentary series from Cricket Australia with unprecedented access to Brisbane Heat’s maiden WBBL triumph.
- FOXW Specials. Four part series featuring exclusive interviews with some of Australia’s most inspirational sportswomen.
- Foxtel magazine. In the April edition and throughout 2021, the monthly Foxtel magazine will profile women’s sports and athletes, helping to raise their profile among the magazine’s 500,000 readers.
Please login with linkedin to commentFoxtel
You probably know your star sign, personality type and even your blood type. Maybe you’ve previously felt some type of way. But do you know your ‘Fun Type’? Carnival Cruise Line has today unveiled its latest campaign, helping Aussies to discover what type of fun they’re really into. The new ‘Fun Type’ questionnaire – developed […]
Australia’s media market has highlighted the strength of current underlying ad demand by reporting a 2.7 per cent increase in October ad spend despite a large decline in TV bookings due to the move of the AFL and NRL finals to last October and ongoing COVID restrictions. The result is also 1.6 per cent above […]
Programmatic video advertising platform Unruly has introduced content level targeting that standardises attributes across genre and rating segments enabling scaled buying on premium video content. Today Unruly announced the introduction of its content level inventory that segments inventory based on publisher bidstream attributes that mirror linear TV buys, such as genre and rating. The solution […]
Golden Circle is bringing a splash of sunshine to the Australian Summer with the launch of an innovative, SmilePay vending machine. The machine was created by 72andSunny, and software development company, Enabled 2 GO Technologies. It uses existing smile recognition software to recognise an Aussie smile and in return release a complimentary ice-gold Golden Circle fruit drink […]
In this guest post, Rosanna Iacono (pictured below), managing partner and advisor at The Growth Activists, offers three top tips to ensure your brand is on brand when it comes to climate… After ranking last for climate policy among more than 60 nations, the Australian government’s climate change performance was widely slammed at the recent […]
Almost half (49 per cent) of Australia’s marketing, media, and communications employees feel their managers are showing little, if any, concern for their mental wellbeing, a new report has found. The report – conducted on behalf of the Australian College of Applied Professions in October 2021 – surveyed 1000 nationally represented workers and found some […]
Full-service communications agency, iD Collective, has been appointed by Goodman Fielder to develop and implement a strategic communications plan for Wonder Australia. The agency will be focusing on a series of new, sustainable initiatives that are helping Wonder turn waste into wonderful. iD Collective managed all aspects of the PR campaign spanning press office activity, […]
The internet is invaluable but cyber security fears are keeping Australians offline. According to new research released today by the .au Domain Administration (auDA), almost 90 per cent of Australians say the Internet has a positive impact on their lives. Moreover, almost all small businesses (98 per cent) depend on the Internet as an invaluable […]
Optus has announced Donate Your Device which invites everyone to donate unused or old smart phones to the people who need it most. Having constant on demand access to a smart phone is part and parcel for so many people’s daily lives. However sadly, many Australians are being technologically left behind without a smart phone […]
Optimizely will advance its digital experience leadership, empowering marketers to plan, create, deliver and optimise campaigns in a single end-to-end solution. Today, leading digital experience platform (DXP) provider, Optimizely, announced it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Welcome. Welcome brings the best capabilities of content marketing platforms (CMP), marketing resource management (MRM), and […]
Social purpose organisation UnLtd in partnership with The Pinnacle Foundation has launched a new scholarship program in honour of the late Sam Smith. The ‘Sam Smith’ Scholarship will be awarded to young LGBTIQ+ Australians in the fields of marketing, advertising, technology, or communication. The scholarship program will fund students’ education, whilst providing additional support by matching […]
Australian energy storage company, RedEarth Energy Storage, has appointed media strategy consultancy and technology business, Audience Precision, to stand alongside it in the creation of RedEarth as an iconic Australian brand in providing personal power plants to Australian businesses and residences. Audience Precision will provide research and insights, marketing and communications planning, campaign development, including […]