Fairfax Media won 14 awards at the 2014 PANPA Advertising & Marketing Awards last night, including the coveted Consumer and Trade Campaigns of the Year, Marketing Team of the Year and Best Digital Idea or Innovation.
The PANPA Advertising & Marketing Awards recognise outstanding talent and work that is reshaping how newspapers market and sell themselves to readers, advertising and media agencies. The awards, which received more than 450 entries, were held last night in Sydney.
Fairfax Media took out the ‘Best Digital Idea or Innovation’ award for its LEGO Blockbuster campaign, which allowed audiences to customise their own LEGO character that appeared in the gutters of Fairfax Media homepages and in a personalised online LEGO movie trailer.
Fairfax Media’s first long-read campaign for South Australia Tourism Commission won the ‘Best Single Digital Advertisement for a Client’ for a new, content-driven ad product that gives audiences maximum opportunity to engage with the campaign’s content. The campaign encouraged Sydney readers to consider Adelaide for a short break.
The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age ‘Clique – Photographer’s Association’ won Consumer Campaign of the Year, while The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age’s “Weekend Compact Launch” won Trade Campaign of the Year.
Among the seven awards won by Fairfax Media’s community and regional titles, the Newcastle Herald took out ‘Best print feature/supplement/native advertising – regional’ for its work with Disability Care Australia, and the Ballarat Courier won ‘Sponsorship of the Year – Regional’ for its Run Ballarat sponsorship.
Fairfax Media’s sales and marketing teams were also recognised with awards. Fairfax’s National Trade Marketing team, headed by Chelsea Wymer won ‘Marketing Team of the Year’, while ‘Sales Team of the Year’ was awarded to Fairfax’s National Agency Sales Team. ‘Sales Person of the Year’ went to Senior Account Manager Edwina Sahhar.
“We are thrilled to be recognised with so many gongs at this year’s PANPA Advertising & Marketing Awards. To take out awards across fourteen categories demonstrates our ability to innovate, to create first in market campaigns that deliver brilliant results for our advertisers, and is testament to the depth of talent of some of our outstanding people,” Fairfax Media Commercial Director Tom Armstrong said.
Fairfax Media Director of Australian Community Media John Angilley commented: “The seven gongs we received across some of our key community and regional titles last night demonstrates our strength in advertising and marketing not only in our national and metropolitan business, but also throughout our highly regarded community and regional publications which engage and inform their loyal audiences.”
Fairfax Media won the following categories at the 2014 PANPA Advertising & Marketing Awards:
- Best Digital Idea or Innovation – The Sydney Morning Herald – Lego Blockbuster
- Trade Campaign of the Year, National / Metropolitan – Fairfax Media – Weekend Compact Launch
- Consumer Campaign of the Year, National / Metropolitan – The Sydney Morning Herald & The Age – Clique Photographers Association
- Best Digital Single Advertisement for a Client, National / Metropolitan – The Sydney Morning Herald, smh.com.au – South Australian Tourism Commission
- Best print feature / supplement / native advertising, Regional – Newcastle Herald – Disability Care Australia
- Best Print Idea or Innovation, Regional – Manning Great Lakes Extra – The Tradies Toolbox
- Best Digital Single Advertisement for a Client, Regional – Illawarra Mercury – Three Chimneys
- Best Digital Campaign for a Client, Regional – The Examiner, Launceston – Tasmania Turf Club
- Consumer Campaign of the Year, Regional – Bendigo Advertiser – News Now
- Best Cause-Related / Community Service Campaign, Regional – The Land – Glove Box Guide to Mental Health
- Sponsorship of the year, Regional – The Courier Ballarat – Run Ballarat Sponsorship
- Sales Person of the Year – Edwina Sahhar, Fairfax Media
- Sales Team of the Year – National Agency Sales Team, Fairfax Media
- Marketing Team of the Year – National Trade Marketing Team, Fairfax Media
For a full list of the 2014 PANPA Marketing & Advertising Award winners click here.
Leading Australian market research data brand, RDA Research, provides actionable consumer intelligence to help businesses inform decision making and growth strategies. RDA Research wanted to make its unique consumer data available for addressable digital targeting and required a data onboarding partner to help activate their data in an online environment.
Storytelling agency Enthral has appointed Channel 7 reporter and sports presenter Sean Sowerby as its new senior PR and content manager in Melbourne. Sowerby (pictured) started his award-winning career at 3AW before spending more than 15 years in television. Enthral founder and manager director, Cameron Smith, spoke of the significance of Sowerby joining the agency. […]
This week Nova’s Fitzy & Wippa are celebrating 10 years of their iconic radio show and plenty of famous faces have weighed in on the feat! For Fitzy & Wippa’s 10-year anniversary show they were joined by a bunch of special friends who shared their messages and favourite memories over the last decade. The guys […]
Ever since Google first announced it would be getting rid of third-party cookies on Chrome, digital advertising businesses have been actively sharing their plans for life after cookies. And now programmatic advertising company Blis might have come up with the most creative way to get the message across, in a new video which sees company […]
Integrated Melbourne agency Icon has taken top honours in the 2021 SABRE Awards, winning the coveted Australasian Consultancy of the Year for 2021 along with a host of category and craft awards. Icon led a large field of Australian agencies with a total of three major and seven minor awards, including gold in the cause-related […]
Former agency executives Tim O’Neill and Tim Fouhy have launched the auto technology startup Summon. Australia’s first full e-commerce service for prestige cars. O’Neill and Fouhy both founded Reactive, a digital agency, which was bought by Accenture in 2016. Following the deal, O’Neill and Fouhy ended up leading the company’s digital marketing arm, Accenture Interactive before […]