Facebook Messenger has launched a new capability powered entirely by artificial intelligence (AI) in Australia called M suggestions.
First launched in the US in April, M has been designed to enrich conversations on Messenger by suggesting relevant content and capabilities, and to answer any questions users might have.
The new AI-powered will include the following suggestions:
- Sending stickers – M shares fun sticker suggestions for users’ daily life interactions like “Thank you” or “Bye-bye”.
- Sharing location – if someone asks “Where are you” or if users say something like “On my way!”, M can suggest that they share their location during a conversation.
- Making a plan – if people are talking about getting together, M helps with coordinating a plan.
- Creating a poll (in group conversations only) – M lets users set a poll topic and vote in group conversations.
- Birthdays – if the person you are talking with in a one-on-one thread on Messenger has a birthday, M will surface a suggestion to send them a Birthday Wish (a birthday sticker, wish, card, or video with accompanying birthday art effects).
- Saved – M will proactively suggest that people save content in their Messenger conversations, which they can read, watch or share later. In addition to URLs, M can suggest saving other content such as videos, Facebook posts, events, and pages. And with the Messenger ‘Saved’ extension, users can easily share content in one-on-one or group messages.
- Initiating call/video – if people are chatting one-on-one or in a group and express intent to make a call, M will suggest a voice or video call in Messenger. For example, if someone says “Want to call me?”, M will surface this suggestion.
Here’s a video explaining all the capabilities of M in a more visual way:
A new player has arrived on the Brisbane scene – and it’s growing fast. Colony is a strategic communications advisory that started in Port Moresby in 2015, working with major Asia-Pacific clients like the Brian Bell Group, Digicel and Puma Energy. To build a greater capacity to support the Port Moresby office and serve these […]
AnalogFolk Group Launches Behavioural Transformation Consultancy, MindWorks Consulting. Focused on delivering improved business outcomes, the consultancy applies behavioural economics to both marketing strategy and organisational design. In a rapidly changing world, companies need to be nimbler than ever before, reading and reacting at pace to changing market conditions, competitor landscapes and customer needs. New technologies […]
Beloved radio personality, Byron Cooke is back on Melbourne breakfast radio, announcing he will host KIIS 101.1 breakfast this morning and will back behind the mic until February when the Jase & Lauren in the Morning show returns. The announcement follows news regular breakfast co-host, Jase Hawkins, is expecting his third baby any day now. “I’ve been mates […]