Facebook Messenger has launched a new capability powered entirely by artificial intelligence (AI) in Australia called M suggestions.
First launched in the US in April, M has been designed to enrich conversations on Messenger by suggesting relevant content and capabilities, and to answer any questions users might have.
The new AI-powered will include the following suggestions:
- Sending stickers – M shares fun sticker suggestions for users’ daily life interactions like “Thank you” or “Bye-bye”.
- Sharing location – if someone asks “Where are you” or if users say something like “On my way!”, M can suggest that they share their location during a conversation.
- Making a plan – if people are talking about getting together, M helps with coordinating a plan.
- Creating a poll (in group conversations only) – M lets users set a poll topic and vote in group conversations.
- Birthdays – if the person you are talking with in a one-on-one thread on Messenger has a birthday, M will surface a suggestion to send them a Birthday Wish (a birthday sticker, wish, card, or video with accompanying birthday art effects).
- Saved – M will proactively suggest that people save content in their Messenger conversations, which they can read, watch or share later. In addition to URLs, M can suggest saving other content such as videos, Facebook posts, events, and pages. And with the Messenger ‘Saved’ extension, users can easily share content in one-on-one or group messages.
- Initiating call/video – if people are chatting one-on-one or in a group and express intent to make a call, M will suggest a voice or video call in Messenger. For example, if someone says “Want to call me?”, M will surface this suggestion.
Here’s a video explaining all the capabilities of M in a more visual way:
Aussie retail payments platform Afterpay has launched a new global look, feel and positioning with a fresh brand identity. Founded out of Bondi, Sydney, Australia five years ago, Afterpay has skyrocketed to infinite heights, with almost 10 million customers and 55,000-plus merchants now using the platform globally across Australia, US, UK (where it is called […]
How Communications’ China marketing director, Doris Li, believes ad-land professionals must be courageous enough “to be abnormal”, and listen to their hearts, to be fearless in times of change. During this year’s B&T Women in Media Awards, presented by Bauer Media, we’ll be recognising exceptional people who have achieved success in their professional arenas, celebrating […]
The holding companies might be losing as much as 23 per cent of their revenue year-on-year, but new business has remained relatively resilient through 2020, the lastest research from R3 has revealed. In the first half of 2020 total new business revenue decreased 10 per cent globally – but creative agencies are having to find […]
Independent communications consultancy The Mint Partners has bolstered its integrated client roster and signed a number of premium lifestyle brands to kick start the new financial year. With an array of new products, services, and a focus on insight-led and creative integrated communications, MINT has enjoyed recent success with an expanded portfolio across new categories including fintech, […]
A feature length documentary on the extraordinary racing career of Australia’s first Formula 1 champion, Sir Jack Brabham, co-produced by design, animation and visual effects house Heckler, will be available on Stan exclusively from this Friday – 7 August. Directed by Ákos Armont (Aurora Films) in association with Heckler, whose co-founder Will Alexander served as […]
In a first for the Australian insurance market, Club Marine, Australia’s largest provider of boat and pleasure-craft insurance, has released a new series of videos to help explain insurance cover. With a few familiar Aussie personalities to help out, Club Marine is helping its members, as well as the broader boating community, to understand the […]