Facebook Messenger has launched a new capability powered entirely by artificial intelligence (AI) in Australia called M suggestions.
First launched in the US in April, M has been designed to enrich conversations on Messenger by suggesting relevant content and capabilities, and to answer any questions users might have.
The new AI-powered will include the following suggestions:
- Sending stickers – M shares fun sticker suggestions for users’ daily life interactions like “Thank you” or “Bye-bye”.
- Sharing location – if someone asks “Where are you” or if users say something like “On my way!”, M can suggest that they share their location during a conversation.
- Making a plan – if people are talking about getting together, M helps with coordinating a plan.
- Creating a poll (in group conversations only) – M lets users set a poll topic and vote in group conversations.
- Birthdays – if the person you are talking with in a one-on-one thread on Messenger has a birthday, M will surface a suggestion to send them a Birthday Wish (a birthday sticker, wish, card, or video with accompanying birthday art effects).
- Saved – M will proactively suggest that people save content in their Messenger conversations, which they can read, watch or share later. In addition to URLs, M can suggest saving other content such as videos, Facebook posts, events, and pages. And with the Messenger ‘Saved’ extension, users can easily share content in one-on-one or group messages.
- Initiating call/video – if people are chatting one-on-one or in a group and express intent to make a call, M will suggest a voice or video call in Messenger. For example, if someone says “Want to call me?”, M will surface this suggestion.
Here’s a video explaining all the capabilities of M in a more visual way:
Grill’d has launched a new tactical campaign ahead of the upcoming US elections, with the aim of comparing big American fast food giants with Grill’d’s home-grown, healthier approach to burgers. The tongue-in-cheek campaign depicts Donald Trump’s addiction to fast food options, such as McDonald’s, KFC, Burger King and Dominos, with the words ‘You are what […]
In this guest post, Dr Phillip Lawrence of Edith Cowan University debunks the myths of the environmental impact of printing… The environmental credentials of printing have been in the spotlight for a while with brands and marketers as well as large corporates regularly proposing they would reduce or eliminate paper and printing from their business as […]
The WPP-owned agency Mindshare has revealed it has won the media business for both Kayo and Binge. Both Kayo and Binge form part of Foxtel’s Steamotion’s streaming services and have seen significant boosts to the subscription numbers in recent times, primarily during lockdown. Commenting on the win, Mindshare CEO Katie Rigg-Smith said the win would […]
Realworld, an Australian location-based technology company, today launched adfindr.co, a leads platform for media owners. Adfindr finds the contact details of hundreds of local businesses around any location. Adfindr offers all media owners a database of local advertising leads. Simply type in a location and extract advertising leads in that area. David Sanderson, Director at […]
The new Online Will from State Trustees has launched with an unexpected campaign via newly appointed creative agency Hardhat, one that aims to turn in between moments into opportunities for action. Having a baby, moving house or exploring some thrilling new hobbies – this colourful, tongue-in-cheek campaign leverages the types of life stages that trigger […]
Worksafe and FCB New Zealand have launched a wild new campaign, challenging New Zealanders to take a fresh look at workplace safety. The launch TVC, hitting screens big and small this week, asks workers to be more vigilant and proactive, by listening to their inner-meerkats. In the last five years, WorkSafe has recorded 363 workplace […]
Immersive media company Imagine Room has signed an exclusive agreement with Microsoft to build and operate Australia’s first Mixed Reality Capture Studio to drive the next generation of content production. The state-of-the-art studio uses 106 cameras to create holographic and 3D-video performance assets and create immersive and interactive experiences for virtual reality (VR), augmented reality […]