Make your press releases and pitches stand out.
Taught by a former Sydney Morning Herald editor and journalist, this lively and practical course covers:
- the different kinds of stories editors look for
- choosing the right angle for your release – and how to connect your key message to that
- crafting an intro for your press release that will grab an editor’s attention
- what to put in – and leave out – of a media release
- how to structure, write and format a press release
- the common mistakes most people make when pitching – and how to avoid them
- writing compelling email subject lines and headlines
- how – and when – to follow up an email
- what images, contact details and other key information editors need
- calling editors and journalists.
The course is highly practical and filled with plenty of exercises. You’ll be able to ask questions and, if you’d like, we can even workshop one of your own press releases or pitches.
Only 8 places are available to ensure everyone can easily participate.