Learn how to use grammar and punctuation to improve your writing.
Taught by a former Sydney Morning Herald editor and journalist, this fun and practical course covers:
- why grammar and punctuation are important for readability
- how to use commas, colons, semicolons, apostrophes and other punctuation marks
- structuring sentences and paragraphs
- understanding subjects, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, prepositions, conjunctions, clauses, phrases and more
- how to apply everything you’ve just learnt to become a better writer (for example, you won’t just learn what participles are, but also when and how to use them)
- using different kinds of verbs (such as linking and action) to make your writing more evocative
- how the active voice can tighten your writing (and knowing when to use the passive)
- spotting and fixing common punctuation and grammatical mistakes.
Only eight places are available to ensure every participant receives personalised attention.
Exercises are included throughout the class so you can immediately practise what you’ve learnt.