Changing the Ratio is B&T’s bold initiative to continue our mission of making equality and inclusion the norm in Australia’s communications industry and beyond. www.changingtheratio.com.au
Changing the Ratio brings together spectacular speakers and industry pannellists. Attendees should walk away with practical tools, case studies and things to do right now that they can take back to their own organisation to drive equality, not only within their own businesses, but in the advertising they create.
Our industry is in a unique position. Not only do we affect consumer behaviour through advertising and marketing, we help shape culture.
This is a forum for the industry to come together to discuss how we, as an industry, can overcome biases (gender, cultural, age and more) to creative more inclusive workplaces and better work.
Highlights to expect in 2019 (full program viewable here):
- Dr David Slocum (US) – Professor & Faculty Director at The Berlin School of Creative Leadership. Slocum designs, leads, and teaches executive training programs, and is a certified executive coach, with a focus on leadership of the creative and media industries. As our opening keynote, Slocum will host an interactive session on negotiation.
- Panel Discussion: Is the advertising industry aegist? Moderated by Rebecca Wilson (Starts at 60) who will be joined by Julia Zaetta, Sparrow/Greg Graham, Charmaine Moldrich & Carrie Barker.
- Short story sessions: Diversity Beyond Gender – Indigenous story telling (Peter Kirk, Pluto Media), Diversity on Screen (Bridget Fair, Free TV) & Disability in the workplace
- Keynote from Dr Howard Manns, Head of Linguistics, Monash University – The Power of Language
- The Debate: For or Against Quotas to achieve diversity? Two teams will argue either case and we’ll put it to an audience vote.
- Keynote: How a philosophy of equality can inspire creative marketing solutions – featuring ANZ CMO Sweta Mehra & TBWA’s Matt Stoddart and Ricci Meldrum
- Short story sessions: Accessing diverse markets – Hear from Burkini founder Aheda Zanetti. Then get an introcution to marketing to the Chinese community (Di Sandhu, China Social Solutions)
- Panel Discussion: LGBTI perspectives on Changing the Ratio