If you’re looking for the Dentsu Aegis crew today at their respective offices you may be staring at empty desks.
The network has embarked upon a quest to volunteer their time today to support a cause or charity in the community – ‘One Day for Change’.
It’s the first time this has been run and the network is buzzing.
“It has been brilliant to see the enthusiasm amongst our staff in the lead up to One Day for Change, as they’ve embraced the opportunity to spend time during the working day giving back to the community,” Luke Littlefield, CEO of Dentsu Aegis Network ANZ, said.
“From being out in the community doing gardening and maintenance work and spending time with people in need, to donating our skills and expertise to developing media and marketing strategies for charities, I’m immensely proud of the contribution that we are making across all our offices in ANZ as part of this initative.”
Rachel Arch over at AMNET says as a team they chose to support youth cancer support organisation CanTeen.
With a colleague’s wife working for the organisation the AMNET team had been able to gain more understanding about the group and decided it was the charity for them.
“We learned a bit more about the charity, and it opened up the discussion about others who have been in similar experiences,” Arch said.
The team hopes to raise money for CanTeen by selling merchandise such as bandanas, pens and other little trinkets.
While much of the Dentsu Aegis network is volunteering today, AMNET chose July 17 instead.
“We wanted to do it a day where we could all get involved,” Arch said.
“We’ve also made an inter team competition. Whoever comes back with the most money wins – they win the pride.”
Check out some of the action down at The Salvos in Melbourne this past week.
Other charities that are receiving support from Dentsu are Barnardos, Greening Australia, the Schizophrenia Fellowship of NSW and Wesley Mission.
From the release.
Volunteering being undertaken in Australia and New Zealand includes:
- The entire Dentsu Aegis Network New Zealand team will be spending the day at Dominion Road Primary School helping on a number of different projects including gardening, painting, moving furniture, and helping organise their school disco.
- Vizeum Sydney will support Barnados in its work to help stop child abuse and improve the future of disadvantaged children.
- Carat Brisbane will volunteer with Greening Australia to complete gardening at a local nursery.
- Haystac has coordinated a national effort to support AskU, a shared-value initiative that sees people donate time to do surveys on device for charitable gain, by carrying out a ‘survey-a-thon’.
- The Dentsu Aegis Network team in Perth will support several charities including helping clear a property owned by Saving Animals From Euthanasia and painting the house of a breast cancer sufferer for the Breast Cancer Foundation. They also have a team working with for Telethon on a ‘Babycinos for Bambinos’ initative, in partnership with The West and Nova.
- iProspect in Melbourne will develop performance marketing and content strategies for the Australian Suicide Prevention Foundation and host a fundraising BBQ.
- Oddfellows Dentsu in Sydney will work with the Schizophrenia Fellowship of NSW, building a patio area, running a workshop session with members to help work out the best way to publicise their “walkforwellness” event, and assisting members with daily tasks such as cooking, gardening and building a chicken run.
- Carat in Melbourne will be working with Father Bob’s Outreach Foundation to sort donated clothes and goods, and supporting client The Big Issue by cooking breakfast for all the Melbourne sellers.
- ApolloNation and The Story Lab in Melbourne have donated time and expertise to produce a hype reel for Challenge to support children with cancer and their families.
- Carat, iProspect and Columbus in Sydney are completing a food challenge at Wesley Mission to help provide meals for the homeless.
- ApolloNation Sydney has donated time to Aim for the Stars to complete creative design work and to secure raffle prizes for an upcoming fundraising event.
- Isobar Sydney is supporting client The Smith Family through volunteering on administration duties in the office and taking part in a brainstorming session video content creation.
- AMNET Sydney is raising money for CanTeen through selling merchandise and in Melbourne, the AMNET team will hold a bake sale to raise money for the Pink Ribbon Foundation.
- Amplifi in Melbourne are assisting the RSPCA with stocktaking duties.
- Huckleberry and Spark have supported The Salvation Army by visiting the Kingston Gardens Centre in Melbourne’s south east, assisting with a variety of tasks including assembling a story corner, creating a garden brochure and mixing with the special needs community.
- Posterscope and Huckleberry in Melbourne will further support The Salvation Army by participating in a workshop to generate marketing and communications ideas across a number of Salvos projects.
- Isobar Melbourne has donated time to Melbourne City Mission to assist with design work for an upcoming fundraising event and in hosting students from the Melbourne Academy within the agency’s innovation centre NowLab. Isobar staff are also holding their annual staff art exhibition next week with proceeds from sales of artwork going to Save the Children.
- Sydney’s HR and IT team are spending time with residents at a Wesley Mission Aged Care Facility.
Twitter has just experienced its fastest growth in revenue since 2014, with the social media platform benefiting from increased interest from advertisers. Revenue was up 74 per cent YoY, according to the company’s Q2 results, reaching $US1.19 billion ($1.6 billion) from $US683.4 million ($925 million) 12 months ago. The strong results came in the same […]
Wild Turkey has announced the launch of its new global creative campaign and platform, ‘Trust Your Spirit’, featuring the brand’s creative director and spokesperson, Matthew McConaughey. The global campaign and platform ‘Trust Your Spirit’ is to encourage people to be bold, unapologetically themselves, and stay true to who they are. The global tagline and ethos […]
Telecommunications company Optus has announced it will launch the world’s first TikTok sign-language activated filter. Featuring Optus ambassador Ian Thorpe, Optus will unveil a branded effect that shows TikTok users how to say key phrases in Auslan sign language, including ‘How are you?’ and ‘It starts with Yes’, through the hashtag challenge #SignYes. Optus will […]
Podsights has revealed new insights into the effectiveness of advertising in podcasts, tracking global and Australian podcast advertising trends. This is the first Australian report to be published since ARN partnered with Podsights to set the standard for best-in-class podcast advertising measurement. The report includes additional analysis and follows a series of Measurement Masterclasses held for […]
NGEN’s 2021 charity cup has raised over $175,000 for UnLtd charity partner Gotcha4Life. Gotcha4Life is a not-for-profit foundation raising awareness and funding to provide educational workshops and innovative programs that build mental fitness in individuals and communities. While Sydney and Brisbane completed the Charity Cup in June, before Covid restrictions hit, the final leg in […]
Australian tech incubator Cicada Innovations and Biennale of Sydney are launching the ‘New & Sustainable Materials Challenge,’ in an effort to create a more sustainable future. The works of chosen material-makers will be showcased to millions of Biennale audiences, exhibition partners, and exhibition makers globally. The Challenge is open to any Australian and UK startups, […]