B&T‘s annual diversity and inclusion event Changing The Ratio, presented by IVE, will be back in 2020… with a bit of a twist!
The theme for next year’s event is: Belonging: it starts with you.
Rather than focussing on why we need to take an inclusive approach to the industry, B&T Changing the Ratio 2020 will ask how.
We will be bringing together a host of industry leaders to discuss how we can create a more effective and innovative communications industry by reminding and showing individuals they belong.
Some confirmed speakers include:
- International keynote: Sandipan Bhattacharyya, chief creative officer at Grey India – Sandi is the creative behind the award-winning Gillette #shavingstereotypes campaign.
- MC – Kumi Taguchi – Kumi is the host of the ABC show, Compass, and a regular host of major live events, including the Australian of the Year Awards. In 2018, Kumi was the MC at the opening and closing ceremonies of The Invictus Games in Sydney, broadcasting to a global audience of 60 million. Kumi has been working in the media for over 20 years, after initially training as a classical violinist.
- Kath Blackham, Founder & CEO, VERSA – A pioneer in gender equality, flexibility and the future of work, Kath led VERSA to be the first Australian agency to operate a four-day working week model, to great success.
- Marlee Silva, Co-Founder, Tiddas 4 Tiddas – Marlee is a 24-year-old Gamilaroi and Dunghutti woman, who has created a place where all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women can feel safe and proud to share their stories and be shamelessly brilliant.
- Mitch Wallis, Founder & CEO, Heart on My Sleeve – Mitch Wallis is an emerging leader in the Millennial generation with a lifelong mission to empower others to overcome suffering and reimagine the healing potential of the mind through the power of storytelling, conversation & living with authenticity.
- Jo Stone, Founder, Stone Fusion – Jo leads a life that bucks social convention, being the primary breadwinner with a stay-at-home husband helping raise her young family, and is passionate about empowering professional women to build a blissful life on their own terms.
We’re also giving you the opportunity to shape the day’s agenda. Click here to use our session selector tool to let us know what you want to get out of the day.
B&T Changing the Ratio is taking place at Foxtel on Oxford on 13 May 2020.
Paul Roach (pictured below) is a business strategist and coach who has worked with hundreds of SMEs across many industries to supercharge their cashflow. Roach is also author of the book Smarter Business Stronger Cashflow. In this guest post, Roach gives his top tips when the cash taps start to be turned off… Cashflow is like […]
Network 10 is set to undergo a massive restructure, leaving a number of high-profile journalists out of a job, including Kerri-Anne Kennerley, Natarsha Belling and Tim Bailey, B&T understands. As first reported on The Sydney Morning Herald, the restructure was announced to staff on Tuesday. As part of the restructuring, the presentation of the weekday […]
Alcohol & Drug Foundation (ADF) has launched a new national health campaign with Campaign Edge aiming to tackle COVID-19 drinking. Funded by the Australian Government, Break the Habit reveals that it takes only around 66 days to form a habit – roughly the same amount of time many Australians spent in lockdown. It’s a fact most Aussies are […]
Sydney and Melbourne based PR, Talent & Digital agency One Daydream has extended its client portfolio to include alcohol. The category expansion comes as One Daydream joins the agency roster of Pernod Ricard, working on a project basis to manage strategic PR and digital campaigns. The global drinks group boasts one of the most comprehensive and prestigious […]
Commtract today expanded its marketing, advertising and digital offering in response to a growing number of CEOs outsourcing to ‘gig-workers’ amid COVID-19. According to new research, 40 per cent of Australian CEOs are planning on outsourcing to freelancers in the contingent workforce. Commtract, which launched in 2016, has more than 4,000 communications experts on its platform, and has already placed over 800 roles. […]