B&T‘s annual diversity and inclusion event Changing The Ratio, presented by IVE, will be back in 2020… with a bit of a twist!
The theme for next year’s event is: Belonging: it starts with you.
Rather than focussing on why we need to take an inclusive approach to the industry, B&T Changing the Ratio 2020 will ask how.
We will be bringing together a host of industry leaders to discuss how we can create a more effective and innovative communications industry by reminding and showing individuals they belong.
Some confirmed speakers include:
- International keynote: Sandipan Bhattacharyya, chief creative officer at Grey India – Sandi is the creative behind the award-winning Gillette #shavingstereotypes campaign.
- MC – Kumi Taguchi – Kumi is the host of the ABC show, Compass, and a regular host of major live events, including the Australian of the Year Awards. In 2018, Kumi was the MC at the opening and closing ceremonies of The Invictus Games in Sydney, broadcasting to a global audience of 60 million. Kumi has been working in the media for over 20 years, after initially training as a classical violinist.
- Kath Blackham, Founder & CEO, VERSA – A pioneer in gender equality, flexibility and the future of work, Kath led VERSA to be the first Australian agency to operate a four-day working week model, to great success.
- Marlee Silva, Co-Founder, Tiddas 4 Tiddas – Marlee is a 24-year-old Gamilaroi and Dunghutti woman, who has created a place where all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women can feel safe and proud to share their stories and be shamelessly brilliant.
- Mitch Wallis, Founder & CEO, Heart on My Sleeve – Mitch Wallis is an emerging leader in the Millennial generation with a lifelong mission to empower others to overcome suffering and reimagine the healing potential of the mind through the power of storytelling, conversation & living with authenticity.
- Jo Stone, Founder, Stone Fusion – Jo leads a life that bucks social convention, being the primary breadwinner with a stay-at-home husband helping raise her young family, and is passionate about empowering professional women to build a blissful life on their own terms.
We’re also giving you the opportunity to shape the day’s agenda. Click here to use our session selector tool to let us know what you want to get out of the day.
B&T Changing the Ratio is taking place at Foxtel on Oxford on 13 May 2020.
Shop! ANZ is calling on shopper and retail marketing professionals from all retail related disciplines to participate in the first ANZ Shopper and Retail Marketing Industry Survey in four years. This important research provides a guide of where the retail marketing industry in Australia and New Zealand has come from and what is anticipated to […]
In this guest post, Ania Kubiak (main photo), A/NZ country manager at Lucid, offers her tips on how to align your brand with customers’ fast-moving expectations… In today’s digital world, the speed at which consumers’ perspectives and opinions on political and social environments is changing faster than ever before. Consumers are inundated with new information […]
Cartology, the retail media business of Woolworths Group, has further expanded its team with Martin Wood (pictured below) been promoted to head of strategic partnerships and Matt Gower (main photo) has joined the business as senior manager of research and insights. Wood will lead a new team dedicated to servicing the retail media business’s largest […]
CondÉ Nast, the publisher of publications such as VOGUE, Vanity fair, Pitchfork and The New Yorker has agreed to raise the minimum wage for employees after a campaign by the New Yorker union. The union had previously organised a protest, which saw New Yorker staff demonstrating outside VOGUE editor-in-chief Anna Wintour’s home. Placards at the protest had […]
GoDaddy has announced it has been named as the official website builder partner of the Australian Olympic team for the Tokyo 2020 Games. GoDaddy has a history of supporting entrepreneurs and small business owners in Australia. Many Australian Olympic athletes are small business owners themselves, running businesses and side hustle to help support the pursuit […]
MDC Partners (NASDAQ: MDCA), the company that owns agencies including 72andSunny, Anomaly and Media Kitchen, has expanded its global footprint in a partnership with This Is Flow. The Australian based indie will become MDC’s affiliate media planning and buying agency across Australia and New Zealand and will help manage global clients and participate on global pitches etc. however This is Flow will still remain 100% independent.
DoubleVerify has announced the expansion of a partnership with The Trade Desk to include activation of DV Custom Contextual, which will enable programmatic advertisers using the platform to target relevant audiences in a privacy-safe manner that does not utilize cookies or personally identifiable information. The Trade Desk now supports a comprehensive suite of DV’s pre-bid […]
Swinburne University of Technology has launched a series of Bootcamp Graduate Certificate courses, developed in partnership with FourthRev. The courses, an Australian-first, will upskill career changers and provide students the capabilities required to thrive in the digital economy. They are available on-campus and through its online arm, Swinburne Online. Alongside completing projects which will emulate […]
PayPal has partnered with Welcome to Country, Australia’s first Indigenous-led not-for-profit marketplace, which showcases businesses that support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities. Welcome to Country launched in 2019, providing an online platform for Indigenous experience providers across tours, day treks, scenic flights, bush food, festivals, art and cultural experiences. When the pandemic hit, the […]