Superheroes are taking over free commuter newspaper mX to promote the new Avengers movie.
The newspaper was given the brief ‘Avengers Domination’ and since the has launched an eight week campaign, both in the newspaper as well as outdoor and throughout social media to bring the movie Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron to life.
mX publisher Tamara Oppen said: “Marvel’s Avengers are the perfect match for mX and we were excited when called upon to answer this challenging brief. The campaign that we’ve created in partnership with Marvel is innovative and leverages the combined fire power of mX’s digital, print and outdoor channels to great effect. From the visually exciting creative executions to the tattoos, we know this campaign will inspire and excite our audience.”
The campaign’s activation includes –
- In a first and to create maximum outdoor impact in Melbourne, 15 images from the film will be projected onto The Herald and Weekly Times building at Southbank from 6.30pm each evening this week. The activation is being promoted by the Herald Sun
- Specially-wrapped editions will be handed out at select locations by the mX outdoor team who will be wearing specially designed apparel
- In Thursday’s special edition, Hulk, Thor, Iron Man & co will be hosting the paper’s most popular newspaper sections
- 5000 lucky readers in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane will receive a limited-edition Avengers temporary tattoo with their copy of the paper
- mX readers will also have the chance to win a money can’t buy trip to West Hollywood for an Avengers adventure for two. To enter, readers are asked to get creative and simply snap themselves with an mX Avengers front page and upload it to Instagram with the hashtag #mXAvengerscomp and tag @mxsnaps.
Leading Australian market research data brand, RDA Research, provides actionable consumer intelligence to help businesses inform decision making and growth strategies. RDA Research wanted to make its unique consumer data available for addressable digital targeting and required a data onboarding partner to help activate their data in an online environment.
Storytelling agency Enthral has appointed Channel 7 reporter and sports presenter Sean Sowerby as its new senior PR and content manager in Melbourne. Sowerby (pictured) started his award-winning career at 3AW before spending more than 15 years in television. Enthral founder and manager director, Cameron Smith, spoke of the significance of Sowerby joining the agency. […]
This week Nova’s Fitzy & Wippa are celebrating 10 years of their iconic radio show and plenty of famous faces have weighed in on the feat! For Fitzy & Wippa’s 10-year anniversary show they were joined by a bunch of special friends who shared their messages and favourite memories over the last decade. The guys […]
Ever since Google first announced it would be getting rid of third-party cookies on Chrome, digital advertising businesses have been actively sharing their plans for life after cookies. And now programmatic advertising company Blis might have come up with the most creative way to get the message across, in a new video which sees company […]
Integrated Melbourne agency Icon has taken top honours in the 2021 SABRE Awards, winning the coveted Australasian Consultancy of the Year for 2021 along with a host of category and craft awards. Icon led a large field of Australian agencies with a total of three major and seven minor awards, including gold in the cause-related […]
Former agency executives Tim O’Neill and Tim Fouhy have launched the auto technology startup Summon. Australia’s first full e-commerce service for prestige cars. O’Neill and Fouhy both founded Reactive, a digital agency, which was bought by Accenture in 2016. Following the deal, O’Neill and Fouhy ended up leading the company’s digital marketing arm, Accenture Interactive before […]