APN News & Media’s Australian Regional Media (ARM) announced that it will be extending its metered content model and digital subscription packages across all of its daily news titles from Tuesday 20 October.
These news titles are:
|The Daily Mercury||Mackay|
|The Morning Bulltin||Rockhampton|
|Fraser Coast Chronicle||Fraser Coast|
|The Gympie Times||Gympie|
|Sunshine Coast Daily||Sunshine Coast|
|The Queensland Times||Ipswich|
|Warwick Daily News||Warwick|
|The Northern Star||Northern Rivers|
|The Daily Examiner||Clarence Valley|
The extension of ARM’s digital subscription program follows a successful launch at Toowoomba’s The Chronicle in August.
ARM chief executive Neil Monaghan said: “The response to this initiative from our Toowoomba audiences has been very positive and has met our expectations. I’m delighted to be extending Australia’s best value digital subscription across all of our regional daily news titles, offering readers the best news and information from their local city, their state and the world; as well as excellent products, benefits and rewards – all for as little as $3 a week for the first 12 weeks.”
Under the metered content model, visitors to each local masthead’s website will be able to view 10 articles per month, before being invited to subscribe to its ‘Unlimited’ digital subscription packages. A subscription to each masthead’s ‘Unlimited’ packages will give users:
- Unlimited digital access to their local mastheads;
- Full access to their local masthead’s new responsive mobile and tablet apps; and
- Full access to a digital replica of their local masthead’s print edition.
In addition, following agreements with News Corp Australia, Presto and The Washington Post, subscribers will also be able to receive: Unrestricted digital access to The Courier-Mail;
- Membership to The Courier-Mail’s +Rewards program;
- Digital subscription access to FOX SPORTS’ online website;
- 52 weeks of FREE digital access – on your computer, smartphone and tablet — to The Washington Post
- Three months access to the Presto Entertainment bundle.