International Women’s Day is this Sunday and to celebrate Apple has unveiled a new campaign that celebrates 20 inspirational women including such luminaries as Lady Gaga, Malala Yousafzai, Marie Kondo and Alicia Keys (check out the full list below).
The work of creative agency TBWA, the global spot is part of Apple’s ongoing “Behind the Mac” campaign.
Interestingly, all 20 images – all in black and white – weren’t actually shot for the ad but were existing images the agency found and pulled together. Check out the powerful spot below:
The 20 inspiring women featured include:
• Malala Yousafzai, the world’s youngest Nobel laureate and a passionate advocate for girls’ education around the world
• Ava Duvernay, director of Selma and When They See Us”
• Marie Kondo, whose books and Netflix series sparked a tidying revolution
• Greta Gerwig, Lady Bird director/writer and advocate for gender equality in Hollywood
• Diane von Furstenberg, iconic fashion designer and champion of emerging female talent in the field
• Lady Gaga, whose Born This Way Foundation works to prevent bullying and abandonment of young people
• Megan Rapinoe and Shannon Boxx, Women’s World Cup winners and equal-pay advocates
• Olivia Wilde, director of Booksmart and advocate for gender equality in film
• Gloria Steinem, activist, journalist, and founder of Ms. Magazine.
• Alicia Keys, 15-time Grammy winning singer, songwriter and producer
• Elizabeth Banks, actor, producer and director.
• Tarana Burke, founder of the #MeToo movement
• Lilly Singh, America’s first LGBTQ woman to host a network late-night talk show in more than 30 years
• Audrey Gelman, CEO and co-founder of The Wing
• Black Mamba, an unarmed and female-led group that fends off poachers to preserve endangered species in South Africa
• Victoria Monét, risign artist and performer whho has already earned four Grammy nominations
• 12-year-old Ghanian musician DJ Switch, who founded the DJ Switch Foundation to provide young girls better opportunities for education
In this guest post, CTO of Wiise, Hamish Browne (pictured below), says tech’s new focus on privacy will lead to new rules and new ways of doing business for marketers… With the delicate balance between customer data and privacy in the spotlight like never before, the potential emergence of new standards and business models, is […]
Businesswoman, reality TV star, and social media personality Kim Kardashian has posted an ad for mysterious cryptocurrency Ethereum MAX [EMAX]. In a post on her Instagram story – where she has 228 million followers – Kardashian wrote: “Are you guys into crypto????” “This is not financial advice but sharing what my friends just told me […]
Great Southern Bank has launched a brand campaign this week, ‘Happily Clever After’, coinciding with its name change from Credit Union Australia, bringing to life its purpose of helping all Australians own their own home. The journey to changing from Credit Union to Great Southern Bank began back in 2020. When Australia’s largest customer-owned bank, […]
Nine has promoted Jo Clasby to the role of commercial director – publishing, where she will report to Nick Young. She was previously director of client partnerships – publishing. Her new role establishes her at the same level of seniority as Anthony Smyth, commercial director – radio. Smyth was promoted at the start of this […]
Hospitality giant Accor is shining a light on the joy of cities through its newest campaign, ‘Go ALL Out’, which launches in Australia and New Zealand today. The gateway to the ‘Go ALL Out’ campaign is ALL – Accor Live Limitless, a lifestyle loyalty program that integrates rewards, services and experiences throughout the Accor portfolio […]
Global affiliate and partner marketing firm Silverbean has secured new contracts with 13 major Australian brands and is now working to double the size of its Asia-Pacific team. Silverbean launched in Australia in 2019 and has seen steady growth through its work with retailers. Now, with 15 new brands joining the Silverbean portfolio, the agency […]
Tourism PR and marketing agency GTI has announced the appointment of longtime media executive Jenny Pham as its new general manager of marketing and strategy. Pham (pictured above) will lead the agency’s marketing division with responsibility for strategy, media and consumer marketing, while GTI founder and managing director Sarah Anderson remains as the day-to-day lead […]
Clipboard, a free professional networking platform for the hospitality industry, has announced it will seek to raise its next round of funding via equity crowdfunding platform Birchal. This will power its vision to transform the way the fragmented hospitality industry connects, shares experiences, markets and recruits. With a growing member database of over 24,000 hospitality […]