As a part of AOL’s ‘Citizen AOL’ program, the American media technology company is giving three Australian entrepreneurs in the non-profit sector the opportunity to grab dedicated desks in AOL’s Sydney CBD office.
The Australian startup support program #DeskAid is all about giving early stage non-profit companies access to a community of experienced and well-connected professionals, opportunities to brainstorm and plan with a variety of mentors; and a fun and dynamic office space in Sydney with plenty of perks.
Back in 2010, a Productivity Commission’s report Contribution of the Not-for-profit Sector estimated that there were roughly 600,000 not-for-profits in Australia. The sector covers pretty much anything you can think of- health, social services, education, sport and recreation, arts and culture, environment, animal welfare, human rights and religious practices. The list goes on.
AOL is giving up to three entrepreneurs in the non-profit sector the opportunity to work alongside the team for six months or more. The list of perks includes:
- Three dedicated desks in AOL’s Sydney CBD office with water views. That’s either one desk for three different not for profit entrepreneurs or up to three desks for one entrepreneur and their colleagues.
- Brainpower from 25 ad tech experts – each will provide one hour a month in the form of ad support, website troubleshooting, insights into what other brands are doing with their marketing or leveraging partnerships to assist.
- High speed wi-fi and printing supplies.
- Meeting rooms.
- Bi-weekly boot camp exercise program run by a team member.
- Showers and change rooms.
- Use of ping pong table.
- Access to bicycles for inner city commuting.
- Access to a weekly Pilates teacher.
What do you need to do in order to succeed?
- Complete and submit the form below before midnight on 15 July 2016.
- Up to six applicants will be invited to come in and pitch to our leadership team. We won’t be looking for a fancy pitch – we’re most interested in the most passionate pitchers who have a very clear idea of what they are trying to achieve and what they plan to do to succeed. The pitching will take place on 8 August 2016.
- The winning entrepreneurs will be announced 10 August 2016 and the desks will be all yours from 1 September 2016 (or sooner by agreement).
New research compares the brand presence of Queen Elizabeth II with self-made celebrities Oprah Winfrey and Beyoncé, and claims the British Monarch eclipses the pair in terms of her reach. The research, reportedly by Statista and commissioned by True Royalty TV, a production house that airs on-demand content about the monarchy, found the Queen was […]
Equity Mates Media, the number one finance and investing network for young Australians, has joined the Acast Creator Network. Its five podcasts, which are some of Australia’s favourites, will now be hosted and distributed by the creator-first podcast company Acast. Equity Mates Media was created to give everyday people the inspiration, information and confidence to […]
After an unprecedented year of challenges, iStock research has shown that Australians and New Zealanders are increasingly expecting businesses to communicate with greater empathy, both in terms of a brand’s language as well as its visuals. Celebrated globally on April 22, Earth Day presents a timely opportunity for businesses to put empathy into practice, iStock […]
A new report shows the need for brands and organisations to rethink their approaches to marketing and communications content in a post-pandemic world. The new report, titled Future of Content and part of opr’s Futures series, takes an in-depth look at the changing way audiences find, consume, make and share content in Australia and around the […]
Lego Masters and Masterchef both again experienced a nightly drop-off, though at less extreme rates than on Tuesday. While Lego Masters dropped by 16,000 from Tuesday night to reach 766,000 viewers, it was again the top-performing entertainment show for the third night in a row since its premiere. Last night’s episode was a ‘night before Christmas’ spectacular […]
Pinterest and Shopify have announced the expansion of their partnership to 27 additional countries. The partnership will provide more than 1.7 million Shopify merchants around the world with an easy way to bring their products to Pinterest and turn them into shoppable Product Pins to be discoverable across the platform. With the evolution of the […]
There’s no doubt the retail sector has been through a massive transformation in the last 12 months and with Australian consumers shopping online more than ever there’s a wealth of data to be learned, that will benefit retailers and marketers. The BigCommerce 2021 State of Ecommerce ANZ Report leverages the data of the Top 100 […]