As a part of AOL’s ‘Citizen AOL’ program, the American media technology company is giving three Australian entrepreneurs in the non-profit sector the opportunity to grab dedicated desks in AOL’s Sydney CBD office.
The Australian startup support program #DeskAid is all about giving early stage non-profit companies access to a community of experienced and well-connected professionals, opportunities to brainstorm and plan with a variety of mentors; and a fun and dynamic office space in Sydney with plenty of perks.
Back in 2010, a Productivity Commission’s report Contribution of the Not-for-profit Sector estimated that there were roughly 600,000 not-for-profits in Australia. The sector covers pretty much anything you can think of- health, social services, education, sport and recreation, arts and culture, environment, animal welfare, human rights and religious practices. The list goes on.
AOL is giving up to three entrepreneurs in the non-profit sector the opportunity to work alongside the team for six months or more. The list of perks includes:
- Three dedicated desks in AOL’s Sydney CBD office with water views. That’s either one desk for three different not for profit entrepreneurs or up to three desks for one entrepreneur and their colleagues.
- Brainpower from 25 ad tech experts – each will provide one hour a month in the form of ad support, website troubleshooting, insights into what other brands are doing with their marketing or leveraging partnerships to assist.
- High speed wi-fi and printing supplies.
- Meeting rooms.
- Bi-weekly boot camp exercise program run by a team member.
- Showers and change rooms.
- Use of ping pong table.
- Access to bicycles for inner city commuting.
- Access to a weekly Pilates teacher.
What do you need to do in order to succeed?
- Complete and submit the form below before midnight on 15 July 2016.
- Up to six applicants will be invited to come in and pitch to our leadership team. We won’t be looking for a fancy pitch – we’re most interested in the most passionate pitchers who have a very clear idea of what they are trying to achieve and what they plan to do to succeed. The pitching will take place on 8 August 2016.
- The winning entrepreneurs will be announced 10 August 2016 and the desks will be all yours from 1 September 2016 (or sooner by agreement).
In this piece, Doddle APAC CEO Justin Dery explains why retail marketers should look beyond traditional delivery options this Christmas. 2020 has been a year like no other, and marketers across the world, regardless of industry, have been forced to rethink brand interaction, upweighting digital and tracking rapidly evolving consumer behaviour. This year’s sales season […]
Following an extensive search, Sydney WorldPride today announced the appointment of Adam Zammit to the newly created role of Director, Partnership & Revenue. WorldPride – an international festival celebrating LGBTIQ+ culture and joy – will be held for the first time in the Southern Hemisphere, when the festival comes to Sydney in 2023. Zammit’s key […]
PAW Patrol’s heroic pups are on a roll this summer and ready to spread the word about the importance of water safety, through the PAW Patrol Safety First! prosocial initiative. The water safety program, created in partnership with world champion swimmer and water safety advocate Michael Phelps, launches today with a public service announcement. Starring […]
Independent creative agency, The Core Agency, has created a new campaign for national in-home aged care and disability support provider, Just Better Care. Just Better Care is one of Australia’s largest accredited providers, delivering in-home social and lifestyle support services that enable people to live independently.Its network of over 40 franchise territories provides affordable and […]
Creative agency Andpeople has teamed up with active-streetwear label P.E Nation to create a custom-built augmented reality (AR) dressing room ahead of the label’s latest launch. The digital dressing room was unveiled to coincide with the launch of P.E Nation’s ‘Sustainable in Snow’ collection. In partnership with Andpeople and the globally recognised team behind the […]
From Airbnb to Calm and all the apps in between, the rise of app-based companies calls for specific app advertising solutions, according to Snap Inc. Following the launch of Snap Connect—a tool to help marketers learn about direct response (DR) advertising strategies on Snapchat—Snap has launched an advertising product suite built specifically for app marketers. […]
Ad tech vendor Adform had made a significant step towards promoting transparency in digital advertising, becoming the first global ad tech vendor to subject its tech stack to an independent audit. The audit follows a report released in May 2020 by the ISBA and AOP in the UK. The research, which was executed by PwC, […]
Actor Matthew McConaughey is shining a light on Australian Local Legends, as part of Wild Turkey’s latest ‘Wild Turkey With Thanks’ initiative. In the latest phase of the ‘With Thanks’ platform, McConaughey, who is the creative director of Wild Turkey, chats with Aussies who have stood with conviction, supporting their environment and communities throughout the […]
Queensland’s largest club, mutual insurer, bank and roadside assistance provider, RACQ, launched its new campaign on Sunday, shining a light on its membership model. It’s all smiles and verything is a little brighter when you’re an RACQ member, according to the company’s new campaign, ‘Membership makes all the difference’. It also revealed some of the […]