Computer software giant Adobe has announced that Adobe XD is opening its platform to enable users to customise their tools with an ecosystem of community and partner-built plugins.
Leveraging Adobe XD APIs, developers can now build on top of Adobe XD, adding new features, automating workflows and connecting XD to the tools and services designers use every day.
In addition, Adobe XD now tightly integrates with designers’ existing workflows via other popular collaboration tools such as Microsoft Teams (Adobe’s preferred collaboration service), Slack and Jira Software Cloud.
The open platform will be made publicly available later this year, but Adobe is already working with early developer partners to build plugins for XD.
These partners include Microsoft, Trello, UserTesting, Airtable, Dribbble, Silicon Publishing, Slope, inMotionNow, Astute Graphics, Anima and Google Cloud, along with its own Behance and Stock services.
Scott Belsky, chief product officer and executive vice president of Creative Cloud at Adobe, said: “We are committed to developing a rich ecosystem around Adobe XD to fit the modern designer’s needs.
“Delivering seamless, engaging user experiences is imperative for brands, companies and all digital products, and Adobe is focused on serving designers with powerful collaboration capabilities.”
Adobe today also revealed the first recipients of the Adobe Fund for Design.
Created in May, the $10 million fund, distributed in the form of grants and equity investments, provides support to empower designers and developers to innovate in the world of experience design and create plugins and integrations for Adobe XD.
In addition to financial support, Adobe provides recipients of the fund’s investments with access to industry experts, early access to technology, partnership and go-to-market opportunities and exposure to Adobe’s network of passionate customers.
Initial grants and investments include individuals and companies building tools and services on top of Adobe XD to empower designers around the globe, with several expected to be available in the product later this year.
Here’s the list of Adobe Fund for Design recipients:
- CloudApp – video, webcam, screenshot annotation and GIF creation securely in the cloud.
- Protoio, Inc., makers of Overflow – empowers designers to design, present and share beautiful user flow diagrams that tell a story.
- Stark – helps you design and build products that are accessible, ethical and inclusive.
- Florian Schulz, maker of Ratio – maker of design tools for user interface typographers.
- Precious Design Studio – a studio that helps innovators shape meaningful products and services that people love to interact with, as well as design tools such as Data Populator and Open Color Tools.
- Odin Chart – Tyler Wolf is a data visualisation designer building Odin Chart, a designer-friendly tool that makes creating charts for digital products and publications a breeze.
- Iconscout by Chamestudio – high-quality icons, illustrations and stock photos in one place.
- Impekable – a digital agency specialising in user experience design and enterprise software engineering.
- UI Faces – avatars for design mock-ups.
- io – a community platform for designers to share their work and stay up-to-date with the latest and greatest design tools and news.
- Modulz – a visual code editor for designing and building digital user interfaces, without writing code.
- Design+Code – the team behind popular design and code courses and the Angle plugin.
- Yummygum – creates tasty-looking designs and refreshing experiences for web and mobile.
Cresta Awards has announced that despite having a few more weeks before entries close, this year’s Cresta Awards has surpassed its entries for the whole 2019 Season. Cresta sees this as evidence, not just of evolution in its own awards but of a wider measure of industry confidence and resilience in many markets. The awards […]
Ashley Madison, the online dating site for married people famous for its shock advertising, is toning down the message, instead creating content aimed at empowering women with the message it’s fine to have an affair. Recently, B&T interviewed GroupM’s chief technology and transformation officer, Ryan Menezes. When asked what was the best brand he’d never […]
Clemenger BBDO Melbourne has announced Charlotte Stevens as group business director, leading the Myer account. Stevens is returning home to Australia following a decade in London, most of which was spent at Portas Agency. During her time in London, Stevens led Sainsbury’s fashion, homeware and beauty portfolios and worked across a range of retail accounts […]
In this piece, Tim Sleath, VP of Product Management at VDX.tv, discusses household targeting’s role alongside other identity solutions and how advertisers can create an effective household strategy for their campaigns. As the advertising industry plans for the removal of third-party cookie support and moves toward adopting more privacy-centric solutions, marketers will need to identify […]
Culture-leading publisher Highsnobiety continues to evolve its local operations with the appointment of Citizens of Culture as its strategic partner across media operations within Australia. Highsnobiety is a premium global brand dedicated to cultural pioneers, with work spanning across digital platforms, print media, documentaries, cutting edge events, a shopping platform and a full service creative […]
Australian fashion brand Witchery has partnered with B Corp GlamCorner as part of GlamCorner’s subscription box offering as the demand for everyday essentials soars. This partnership marks another milestone for the Australian fashion industry towards becoming more circular and introducing more paths to reduce textile waste. Customers nationally will be able to rent more of […]
The media, marketing and creative industries are being encouraged to host their own ‘Curry Club for COVID’ before 30th June to help meet the ambitious $100k target set by its organisers. Curry Club for COVID, which was conceived by long-time adtech executive Peter Bray, sales director at Impact, and is powered by industry social purpose organisation […]
The UnLtd Cup is returning for its tenth consecutive year, marking a decade of soccer shenanigans that’s raised nearly $500,000 for children’s mental health charity, KidsXpress. On July 22-23rd, 28 teams from across the industry will battle it out on the soccer field in the two-day tournament at Sydney University Sports and Fitness Centre, Darlington. […]