Taking aim at inefficiencies that slow down the creation process, Adobe today launched major updates to its flagship Creative Cloud tools and services.
The release includes dramatic new features in Adobe’s flagship applications, performance enhancements across Creative Cloud (CC), and exciting updates to Adobe Stock — including deeper integration within CC and the addition of an all-new Premium collection of high quality stock content. Spanning across virtually all of the Creative Cloud portfolio, updates in this new release target many of the pain points that designers, photographers and filmmakers face every day.
“We have two key goals with this release: saving our customers time and helping them jumpstart their creative engines,” said Bryan Lamkin, executive vice president and general manager, Digital Media at Adobe. “Every creative project starts with a blank page and ends with a vision coming to life. Today’s release of Creative Cloud will help make that journey as fast and productive as possible. Fromdeeper integrationof AdobeStock intothe CCexperience, to amazingnew featureslike Content-AwareCrop in Adobe Photoshop, this releasewill expeditethe creativeprocess formillions of our customers.”
“The industry is going through unprecedented changes driven by mobile explosion, and content velocity is becoming more critical in tying content and customer experience to business impact and success. However, we know only 16% of marketers and business leaders in Asia Pacific say they have the workflows in place to enable the alignment and collaboration needed to deal with the scale of content production they’re facing,”said Paul Robson, president, Adobe Asia Pacific. “This release delivers the magic and improved workflow that unleashes creativity and helps organisations ultimately provide superb customer experiences across channels.”
Today‘s updates mark another step forward in establishing Creative Cloud as the one-stop shop for creative people — providing the best in desktoptools, mobileapplications, training and avibrant marketplacefeaturing serviceslike AdobeStock, aswell asaccess to theBehance communitythat’s now over 7 millionstrong.
“We could not have completed our debut television series, “The Wizards of Aus” without Adobe Creative Cloud,” said Chris Hocking, General Manager of LateNite Films. “Unlike the majority of film and television, we didn’t have a traditional offline/online workflow and therefore needed a solution with specific elements: enabled for Mac and PC, compatible for UltraHD footage and the ability to seamlessly switch between offline editing and visual effects without slowing things down. We were constantly jumping between Premiere for editing, and After Effects for visual effects right up until we exported the final Digital Cinema Package using Adobe Media Encoder.”
“We’ve been utilising Adobe Creative Cloud in order to reflect our brand identity in creative works and deliver a customer-centric design experience,” said Ho Jae Lee, Deputy Head of Design Team, Marketing Division, BC Card. “We believe that these updates, which offer collaboration features critical for keeping visual elements consistent and target many of the pain points that users around the world face every day, will enhance efficiency and creativity altogether.
Built Right into Creative Cloud: Adobe Stock Service Offers Best, Broadest Selection
Research from Pfeiffer Consulting confirms that integrating Adobe Stock with CC desktop applications delivers up to 10 times greater efficiency than other stock services*. The expanded Adobe Stock service includes over 55 million royalty-free, high-quality photos, videos, illustrations and graphics as well as the following new capabilities:
· One-Click Workflow. Deeper Adobe Stock integration with CC applications enables a new One-Click Workflow that lets users select an image or video on the Adobe Stock website and place it on their creative canvas with a single click. Also an expanded In-app Purchase feature delivers an industry-first, one-click license capability, directly from Photoshop.
· Premium Collection. Adobe’s first premium content offering sourced for Adobe Stock includes nearly 100,000 curated images that meet the standards of top advertising agencies, leading brands and digital and print publications.
· Monetisation Made Easier. Coming soon, Adobe will expand on its vision to build out the world’s largest creative marketplace by offering opportunities for creative professionals to contribute and monetise their work. They can contribute directly from desktop and mobile applications including Adobe Lightroom CC, Adobe Bridge CC, Photoshop Fix and Photoshop Mix, providing an easy on-ramp to showcasing and selling their work via Adobe Stock. Also coming soon is Adobe’s new Stock Contributor Portal, which will feature intelligent auto-tagging capabilities saving hours of keywording.
New CC Desktop App Capabilities and Performance Enhancements
Highly anticipated CC features, offering critical time savings and new creative opportunities for Creative Cloud subscribers include:
· Content-Aware Crop in Photoshop, which automatically fills in the gaps when you rotate or expand a canvas beyond the original image size.
· Face-Aware Liquify in Photoshop, an easy way to create artistic effects with facial features using the Liquify Tool while keeping the face in proportion.
· Match Font in Photoshop, an innovative font recognition technology that has the ability to recognise and identify licensed fonts and automatically suggest fonts available on your computer system or available to license through Adobe Typekit.
· Character Animator Preview in After Effects CC, which matches an animated character to a real-life actor’s speech and movements, was first showcased on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert in the host’s recurring “Cartoon Donald Trump”(1:30) interviews and most recently by The Simpsons animation team in the episode that aired May 15, 2016.
· New Virtual Reality (VR) features in Adobe Premiere Pro CC, including “field of view” mode for previewing content.
· Fast Export of assets and artboards in Adobe Illustrator CC, allowing users to export assets to multiple formats and resolutions with a single click.
· Photoshop productivity enhancements, including a four times performance improvement when working with the Font Menu and three times improvement for Content-Aware Fill.
CreativeSync and Assets: Greater Discoverability, Productivity and Integrated Mobile to Desktop Workflows
The company’s signature CreativeSync technology ensures a user’s files, fonts, design assets, and settings instantly appear in their mobile to desktop workflow, wherever they need them. Recently made available collaboration capabilities include read-only Creative Cloud Libraries that provide controlled permission levels while collaborating with teams. The Creative Cloud library serves as a virtual digital style guide for teams to ensure campaigns are consistent and always on brand. Creatives can also delegate permission levels to help manage libraries and files. Also new is an updated Creative Cloud Libraries panel with Search Filters that allow customers to easily search and select video, photo, vector and illustration assets.
New Capabilities Add Value for Global Brands and Agencies
Creative Cloud for enterprise (CCE) enables customers to create, collaborate and deliver content at high velocity – all behind the security of a corporate firewall. Updates to Creative Cloud for enterprise deliver significant new capabilities, including: simplified workflows for creative teams collaborating and exchanging assets, as well as read-only libraries and folders, archiving support for folders and files and versioning capabilities. With today’s CC release, Adobe Stock for enterprise now includes the Premium collection as well as advanced search, flexible payment plans and the ability to track stock images and videos through one unified enterprise dashboard.
Pricing and Availability
Updates to CC desktop apps are now available for download by Creative Cloud members as part of their membership at no additional cost. Membership plans are available for individuals, students, teams, educational institutions, government agencies and enterprises. For pricing details, visit: https://creative.adobe.com/plans.
Marc Collister (pictured) of P2 Content Creators spills the beans on his 2024 predictions drawing from two decades of experience in the advertising, film and television industry. I’m certain it will come as no surprise that in 2024, we can expect our industry to move at breakneck speed again. With even more rapid shifts in […]
Reddit’s annual Recap report has revealed the issues and moments that captured Australia’s collective mind over 2023 with, naturally, the Matildas featuring high on the list. The inaugural Australia-hosted Women’s World Cup saw Aussies glued to the footy (or, indeed soccer) with one enterprising user capturing the moment that Cortnee Vine scored the winner against […]
Zeno Australia has announced expanded creative design capabilities and the appointment of Jim Michell (lead image) to its senior leadership team. The new moves support strong growth in the region. Zeno Australia’s clients, including Abano Healthcare, Motorola and Yorkshire Tea, can now tap into a suite of creative design services to augment the agency’s work […]
Spikes Asia, APAC’s most prestigious and sought-after Award for creativity and marketing effectiveness, has revealed its 2024 Jury line-up today. The 93 industry experts from across 18 markets represent APAC’s leading talent from a diverse range of disciplines. 2024 sees the highest representation from brands, including Budweiser, Procter & Gamble, Unilever and, for the first […]
Assembled Media, is drawing upon the creative power of TikTok Creator Marketplace to help generate unique, impactful content for iconic stationery brand, BIC. The social activation campaign titled ‘A Pen for Every Side of You’ promotes the flexibility of BIC’s 4 Colours pen and is active nationwide on the BIC Stationery TikTok account. The campaign […]
Pinterest reckons jellyfish & moody cowboys will be big in 2024. Refused to be drawn on the return of shoulder pads.
IAB Australia has launched ‘Evolution in Market Mix Modelling’, the fourth module in its Marketing Measurement Innovation Series, which has been developed by IAB Australia’s Ad Effectiveness Council. The module explores what is driving the increased use of MMM and how the technique is evolving with advances in computing power and machine learning to provide […]
Scope3, the collaborative sustainability platform leading the decarbonisation of media and advertising, announced the addition of digital out-of-home (DOOH) to its emissions measurement. With DOOH ad spending predicted to grow from $17B in 2023 to nearly $24B by 2028, measuring this channel brings us one step closer to understanding the total impact of digital advertising […]
NRF 2024: Retail’s Big Show Asia Pacific, is now open for online registrations for the main conference. Jointly organized by the National Retail Federation and Comexposium, Retail’s Big Show Asia Pacific will take place from 11 – 13 June, 2024 at the Sands Expo and Convention Centre in Singapore and is expected to draw thousands […]
Following a period of significant client growth, leading auto marketing agency, DBC2 has appointed Jason Fisher (lead image) to the newly created role of CEO. The appointment is part of DBC2’s long term growth strategy ahead of the agency announcing a brand refresh and expanded proposition in early-2024. As a new shareholder of the business, […]
Don’t treat regional media as a charity, but a real growth opportunity: That’s the message from Boomtown’s final masterclass of 2023, attended by almost 100 media industry representatives from across the nation. The masterclass was part of a series of educational sessions, delivered by Boomtown, the media collective championing advertising in regional Australia. The sessions […]