The #Magsmoveme initiative carried out by Australia’s three largest players in the magazine market managed to showcase their collective clout on social media has attracted an audience of nearly 5 million, Magazine Publishers of Australia (MPA) has claimed.
Bauer Media Australia, Pacific Magazines and NewsLifeMedia adopted the hashtag #Magsmoveme from 10am on 1 May. Every one of the publishers’ Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest social media accounts, held by magazine titles, editors, publishers and ambassadors, featured a #MagsMoveMe theme, encouraging readers to get involved and share how magazines move and inspire them.
On the day, each magazine, editor and ambassador tweeted, posted and status updated a relevant question to their audience using the #MagsMoveMe theme.
Within minutes consumers responded, posting their favourite magazine experiences, including favourite recipes, wine, magazine covers, celebrities, health tips and cars.
For the 24 hours from 10am on 1 May, the social media initiative achieved 1,466 mentions across social media and online sources globally. Facebook and Twitter comprised 93% of traffic with the remaining 7% coming from Pinterest and Instagram. The total audience reach was 4,978,767 with an estimated online advertising value: $1,685,240.
“Although magazines work across multiple platforms, the initiative also demonstrated that printed magazines remain at the heart and are still the original and relevant community of like-minded people around their chosen topics,” MPA executive director Robin Parkes (pictured) said.
The total magazine industry has more than 3 million social media followers across Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest and daily visitors to their websites of over 700,000.
Please login with linkedin to comment
In this guest post, Alex Watts (pictured), DDB Sydney Head of Social, discusses his thoughts on the potential Microsoft/Tik Tok acquisition and whether the deal actually makes any sense for Microsoft… Trump is calling for a ban, China’s calling it a “smash and grab,” but the real question is – does buying TikTok really make sense for Microsoft? TikTok is […]
Following QMS’ acquisition of TLA Worldwide (Aust) last year, QMS Sport has today announced it will transition to the TLA brand and formally become a business unit of TLA. ‘Media Tech’ is officially the new name for what was formally known as QMS Sport, and will operate alongside TLA’s existing business units that span the […]
Sydney-based design and technology studio Nightjar have launched a new website for Sneaker Freaker. Founded in 2002, the street culture magazine is the first and only international footwear magazine. From its roots as a DIY-style fanzine to today’s global coverage, its print pages and online platforms document every colab, custom, limited edition, retro reissue, Quickstrike, Hyperstrike […]
Haystac’s former National Head of Strategy, Haylie Marchant (pictured) has launched The PR Toolkit – an online resource and DIY PR platform educating and empowering small and medium sized businesses to do their own PR. Offering a mix of free resources and easy-to-use how to guides, the one-stop-shop for DIY PR covers media relations, media […]
One Love Australia has launched a new social change initiative that will see a raft of high profile individuals, including former Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull and Boost Juice’s founder, Janine Allis, take part in a video interview series set to turn racism on its head. The initiative – titled #ShareThePlatform – will see these […]
Resolution Digital has been awarded the Australia’s Agency of the Quarter award in the prestigious Google Honours program. The Honours program for 2020 recognises the achievements of the very best performance marketing agencies and providers across Australia and New Zealand. The program consists of 3 quarters, 43 agencies and over 500 individuals; measured on account […]
Firefly has brought on six major new clients as it continues to expand, adding new media planning and buying arm to its business. Managing Director Andrew Mathwin (pictured) said the independent agency, known for clients such as Air New Zealand, Buy West Eat Best, West Coast Eagles and Mrs Mac’s Pies, had a strong year […]