Industry heavyweights Tom Dery, Peter Horgan, Anthony Freedman and Craig Davis are all set to leave their Communications Council posts.
A total of five directors, also including Revolver/Will O_Rourke’s Michael Ritchie, will step down from their posts as they approach their second and third year terms.
New members include Publicis Mojo’s Joe Pollard, Ogilvy’s Andrew Baxter and other big names.
Droga5’s Sudeep Gohil (pictured), who joined the board in 2009, will now take over the role of Communications Council chairman from Hosts’ Freedman.
Freedman said Gohil was an “excellent choice and continues to demonstrate strong collaborative and ‘can do’ leadership”. Reflecting on his three-year term as chairman, Freedman also said: “It has been a time of great change in our industry and I would like to think we have collectively taken The Communications Council from a notion born amongst a few people from the AFA, AWARD and APG, to a credible and important part of commercial creativity in Australia.”
Gohil added: “It is a privilege to be appointed chairman of The Communications Council, and a role that I am passionate to take on. Since joining the board several years ago, I have seen many progressive and inspiring initiatives borne from the Council, and as our industry continues to evolve, I look forward to driving many more new initiatives forward to ensure our members are provided with the relevant services and support needed in today’s landscape.”
The new national board:
- Andrew Baxter, CEO, Ogilvy
- Chris Brown, CEO, DDB
- Melinda Geertz, CEO, Leo Burnett Melbourne
- Sudeep Gohil, CEO, Droga5
- Mark Harricks, Executive Creative Director, JWT
- Michelle Hutton, CEO, Edelman
- Jaimes Leggett, CEO, M&C Saatchi
- David Lo, CEO, Zoo Republic
- Sophie Madden, CEO Media Federation of Australia
- Tom Martin, Creative Director, Clemenger Melbourne
- Iain McDonald, Co-Founder and Chief Creative Officer, Amnesia
- Adrian Paul, COO, Whybin\TBWA
- Joe Pollard, CEO, Publicis Mojo
- Wilf Sweetland, Managing Director, The Sweet Shop
- Al Taylor, Managing Director, 303Lowe
- Margaret Zabel, CEO, The Communications Council