The AANA has appointed three new directors to its board from Carlton United Breweries (CUB), Virgin Mobile and Toyota.
CUB’s corporate affairs director Jeremy Griffith joins the fold along with Virgin Mobile’s head David Scribner and Toyota’s corporate manager of brand communications national marketing, Adrian Weimers.
Inese Kingsmill, chair of the AANA and Telstra’s top marketer, said: “I am delighted that we’ve been able to appoint Adrian, David and Jeremy. I am confident that they will help us advance our strategic plan.
“We want to promote and elevate innovative, responsible and respected marketing and the value it delivers in a business context.
”To have Board members of this calibre who represent some of the strongest names in Australia and globally will help us advance the interests of our Members and the industry.”
The three new members will be joining existing board members:
- Inese Kingsmill, Director Corporate Marketing, Telstra
- Matt Tapper, National Marketing Director, Lion
- Simon Talbot, Director Corporate Affairs A/NZ, Mondelƒìz International
- Rebecca Boustead, Director, Corporate Communications and Public Affairs Asia Pacific, Kellogg’s
- Mike Connaghan, CEO, STW Group Ltd
- Madeleine Fitzpatrick, Vice President / Director of Marketing, McDonald’s Australia
- David Morgan, Director Corporate Communications & Marketing Services, Nestl√©
- Mark Reinke, Executive General Manager Group Marketing, Suncorp Group
· John Sintras, Chairman SMG Australia and Director, Global Experience Product, Starcom MediaVest Australia
Meanwhile, the AANA worked with the Communications Council and the Media Federation of Australia to work on a cross-industry reputation report.
The study found many clients feel they waste time managing agency relationships and identified a number of discrepancies between client and agency expectations.