Miami Ad School today announced a line up of Sydney’s leading planning and creative talent to teach its Account Planning Boot camp 2017.
The Account Planning Boot camp is an intensive 10-week training course designed to develop a creative mindset for planners as well as teaching strategic skills in understanding and analyzing data, developing insights, writing briefs and creating and executing concepts. It is recommended for planners, creatives, account service, brand owners and recent graduates. It starts on 3 January and ends on 15 March with a career management workshop.
Jerker Fagerström, executive creative director at McCann will teach a class ‘Tool Box’ where planners team with creatives to write briefs, develop strategies, concept ideas and execute campaigns. Students present their projects in a competitive setting, the class ‘The Pitch’, taught by Dylan Taylor of the Dylan Agency.
A number of Australia’s leading planners will conduct intensive weekend workshops on ‘Essential Planning’ topics:
- Al Crawford, Executive Planning Director, Clemenger BBDO on ‘Account Planning: an Overview’
- Ian MacDonald, Strategy Director, McCann on ‘Creative Brief Writing’
- Iona MacGregor, Chief Strategy Officer, Marcel on ‘Understanding Brand Issues’
- Dominic McCarthy, Head of Qualitative Strategy, The Leading Edge on ‘Qualitative Research’
- Michael Hogg, Strategic Planning Director and lead planner of The Monkey’s team that won the 2016 Effie Grand Prix, on ‘Measuring Effectiveness’
- Marcelo Andrado, Digital Strategy Director, OMD on ‘Social Content & Media Planning’
- Julia Vargiu, Founder & Principal, New Business Methodologies on ‘New Business’.
Fagerström is an internationally renowned creative leader with a background in strategy and business development. Fagerström and his teams have been awarded at every major global awards show, having collected a Titanium Lion, a Cyber Grand Prix at Cannes, a Eurobest Outdoor Grand Prix among other coveted gongs. He has worked on global clients such as McDonald’s, Adidas, Volkswagen, Lufthansa, Carlsberg and H&M, and in Australia his client experience includes Bunnings, Officeworks, Kmart, Mastercard, Purina, Microsoft, Xbox, Uncle Toby’s and Coke/Sprite.
Says Fagerström: ‘We found the Miami Ad School Account Planning Boot Camp to be a very effective training course that helps juniors short-cut their career into mid level positions. Planners not only pick up the skills necessary to make it as a planner, but they also, just as importantly, develop a creative mindset. I recommend the boot camp also to creatives.’
Taylor’s said: ‘Our aim is to help students create original campaigns of a professional standard to win business in real life. In fact, we will get a client to provide a real brief. We’ll also enter the best campaigns into global student competitions which will accelerate the students’ careers’.
Taylor’s track record includes 300 Awards, being part of the B&T Agency of the Decade team, judging most recognised award shows and being the first Australian awarded the Irving Wunderman Award for lifetime achievement at the 30th Caples Award Show. In the same year, he was also named Australian Direct Marketer of the Year.