The wait is over!
Starting today, YouTube Music is available to everyone in Australia, New Zealand, the U.S, Mexico and South Korea in addition to 12 new countries including Austria, Canada, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Russia, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.
Now fans around the world can find more of the music they love and effortlessly discover new favourites.
YouTube Music is a new music streaming service built on top of all the music on YouTube that you can’t find anywhere else – personalised and all simply organised in one new app and web player.
Here’s how it all comes together:
- It’s ALL here. Not just music videos, but official albums, singles, remixes, live performances, covers and hard-to-find music you can only get on YouTube.
- Recommendations built for you. A home screen that dynamically adapts to provide recommendations based on the artists and songs you’ve played before, where you are and what you’re doing. Chilling at the beach with friends? Need some motivation? The right music is right here, built just for you.
- Thousands of playlists across any genre, mood or activity. Try The Happiest Pop for brighter tunes on a cloudy day, The Pop Hotlist for the biggest hits around the world or Independent Women of Australia for the best tunes from the finest female-centric alternative artists Down Under.
- Smart search so we’ll find the song, even if you can’t remember what it’s called. “That space-themed Spice Girls song in the desert.” Here you go. You can also search by lyrics (even if they’re wrong). It’s “Hold me closer, Tony Danza”, right?
- The hottest videos. We’ll keep you on top of what’s hot! The hottest videos in the world right now are right there, on their own dedicated Hotlist screen. Today in Australia, it features “I’m Upset” by Drake, while in the U.S., it’s “Nervous” by Shawn Mendes, in the U.K., it’s “Drippy” by IAMDDB, and in France, it’s “When we ride” by Møme.
- Ad-free listening, downloads and more. Get YouTube Music Premium to listen ad-free, in the background and on-the-go with downloads. Plus, your Offline Mixtape automatically downloads songs you love just in case you forgot to. For a limited time, get three months free of YouTube Music Premium, ($11.99 per month after, $17.99 per month for a Family Plan)*.
YouTube Premium also launches today
Starting today, YouTube Premium (formerly YouTube Red) will be available in 17 countries, providing members with the benefits of Music Premium, plus ad-free, background, and downloads across all of YouTube.
YouTube Premium members also get access to the full slate of YouTube Originals shows and movies including the hit series Cobra Kai, Impulse, F2 Finding Football and The Sidemen Show.
For a limited time, get three months free of YouTube Premium here, ($14.99 per month after, $22.99 per month for a Family Plan)*.
Current YouTube Red and Google Play Music members (including family plans) in Australia, New Zealand, the U.S., and Mexico will automatically receive access to YouTube Premium at their current price.
Google Play Music subscribers in all other countries will automatically receive access to YouTube Music Premium at their current price as it becomes available there.
Nothing is changing with Google Play Music – you’ll still be able to access all of your purchased music, uploads and playlists in Google Play Music just like always.