A new study has revealed the most in-demand techy jobs and it’s good news if you’ve got data, coding, or research and analysis on your resume.
The study, albeit a US one, was done by Bentley University in Boston and analysed millions of job listings posted on more than 40,000 online job sites.
When it came to jobs with a technical bent, the following list highlights the 10 occupations that had shown the most growth in demand over a five year period from 2010 to 2015.
Jobs with data in the subject line had increased a staggering 3977 per cent over the research period.
Here are the list of top 10 techy jobs from different online job sites. The list shows how often they appeared in job descriptions and each one’s per cent increase. The categories in parenthesis show the type of job where the increases took place.
1. Big Data (Information Technology): 3977%
2. Node.js (Design): 2493%
3. Tableau (Research and Analysis): 1581%
4. NoSQL (Information Technology): 1002%
5. Apache Hadoop (Information Technology): 704%
6. HTML5 (Information Technology): 612%
7. Python (Research and Analysis): 456%
8. Oracle (Sales): 382%
9. JSON (Information Technology): 318%
10. Salesforce CRM (Sales): 292%