Computer software behemoth Adobe has announced major updates to Creative Cloud applications at its Adobe MAX conference in Las Vegas.
The updates include:
- a new Content-Aware Fill workspace in Photoshop CC;
- performance and workflow improvements across Lightroom CC and Lightroom Classic;
- the ability to design with photorealistic, Freeform gradients in Illustrator CC;
- a Content-Aware Fit in InDesign CC;
- the power to instantly create and animate unique, stylised puppets using a webcam and reference artwork with Character Animator’s new Characteriser;
- a new rendering engine for improved render preview performance in Dimension CC; and
- new Sensei-powered search features and exclusive content in Adobe Stock, including a new library of clips from GoPro.
In addition, Adobe announced new workflows and integrations across apps including Animate to After Effects, Animate to Character Animator and Adobe XD to After Effects.
Adobe XD, the all-in-one UX/UI solution for designing websites and mobile apps, now features new capabilities leveraging recently-acquired Sayspring technology to empower designers to prototype experiences and apps for voice-powered devices like Amazon Echo.
New voice capabilities, including voice triggers and speech playback, enable designers to create powerful experience with screen and voice prototyping now in one application.
In addition, developers can now leverage Adobe XD APIs to build plug-ins and app integrations that add new features, automate workflows and connect XD to the tools and services designers use every day.
Scott Belsky, chief product officer and executive vice president of Creative Cloud at Adobe, said the new apps deliver meaningful value to its users by transforming creative workflows across devices and platforms.
“By continuing to innovate in our flagship apps, extending into exploding segments like experience design and social video content creation, and pioneering in emerging mediums like touch, voice, 3D and augmented reality, Adobe Creative Cloud has truly become the creativity platform for all,” he said.
Premiere Rush, Photoshop and Project Gemini
Adobe introduced Adobe Premiere Rush CC – the first all-in-one, easy-to-use video editing app for social media creators, simplifying video creation and sharing on platforms including YouTube and Instagram.
The company also previewed new iPad versions of Adobe Photoshop CC and drawing app Project Gemini.
The 2019 release of Creative Cloud delivers over a dozen new Adobe Sensei-powered features and productivity enhancements, building on dozens of existing Sensei-powered features already available to Adobe Creative Cloud, Document Cloud and Experience Cloud customers. Sensei-powered features in the 2019 release include:
- An expanded Content-Aware Fill workspace in Photoshop CC that offers greater precision and control to save editors valuable time when working with their images.
- A new Content-Aware Fit feature in InDesign CC that intelligently detects an image and crops or fits it to an image frame automatically.
- New Freeform Gradients in Illustrator CC that enable the creation of natural gradients.
- A new tool in Character Animator CC that transforms any style of portrait into a vivid, animated character.
- Previewing the Future of Immersive Design
Adobe previewed Project Aero, a new cross-device AR authoring tool that enables creators to design augmented reality experiences.
Project Aero is the first AR app built for designers and artists and was first sneaked on-stage at Apple’s Worldwide Developer Conference earlier this year.
Project Aero enables optimal delivery of AR experiences, empowering creatives to place digital content in the real world. At Adobe MAX, Adobe showcased an AR-powered retail store of the future revealing the exciting possibilities of immersive design experiences.
Creative and Experience Cloud integrations
Adobe also announced deeper integrations between Creative Cloud and Adobe Experience Cloud that unify creative and marketer workflows.
With these integrations, brands can now easily access assets in Experience Manager within Creative Cloud apps, Adobe Stock images can be leveraged in Experience Manager, and 3D content designed with Dimension CC can be adjusted in Experience Manager and published as marketing assets.