Woolworths has announced significant improvements to its Rewards program in response to customer feedback.
As of 31 August 2016, members will earn rewards on every dollar they spend in Woolworths’ Supermarkets and BWS stores, and for the first time, members will also earn on every dollar they spend at Caltex Woolworths outlets.(1)
Ingrid Maes, Woolworths’ director of loyalty and customer data said; “When we launched Woolworths Rewards, we made a commitment to put our members first and make improvements in response to their feedback.
“We are pleased that our members have responded positively to automatically getting money off their shopping. However, we’ve acknowledged that we didn’t deliver enough orange ticket offers in-store and while many of our members have been rewarded well, too many have not. By introducing a guaranteed reward per dollar spent at Woolworths Supermarkets, BWS and selected Caltex Woolworths, all members receive a reward when shopping with us.”
Woolworths is also introducing more ways than ever before for Woolworths Rewards members to accelerate their rewards including:
- Exclusive member offers across more than 990 Woolworths Supermarkets and 1270 BWS stores;
- For the first time, the opportunity to earn at 530 Caltex Woolworths sites (in addition to existing fuel discounts earned with supermarket shopping);
- Double-points on items from essential household categories, including launch deals on fresh fruit and vegetables, fresh meat and at the deli and seafood counter; and
- Increased personalised offers sent direct to members on items they already buy.
Woolworths also confirmed two additional redemption options: a choice to convert savings to Qantas Points, or to bank them for Christmas.
“Overall, we are confident these changes will be well received by our members. Every Woolworths shopper can enjoy money off their shopping without any effort required. Alternatively, from the end of August, members can convert their savings to Qantas Points or bank their savings for Christmas.”
The changes to Woolworths Rewards are underpinned by the introduction of Woolworths Points. While members will earn a minimum of one Woolworths Point for every dollar they spend in store or online at Woolworths Supermarkets, BWS and Caltex Woolworths(1), the wide range of opportunities to earn additional points means most members will earn significantly above the minimum earn rate without needing to change their shopping behaviour.
Members will automatically get $10 off their shopping each and every time their points balance reaches 2,000 Woolworths Points, or they can choose to bank these savings for Christmas. Members who prefer Qantas Points will be able to convert at a rate of 870 Qantas Points for every 2,000 Woolworths Points from 31 August 2016.
“This isn’t the end of improvements to our loyalty program. We’ll continue to listen to our members and introduce new, attractive features to evolve the program in line with member preferences and feedback,” Maes said.
1) There is a small list of products on which members will not earn points. These products include gift cards, tobacco and mobile recharge. Members will also not earn points at Caltex Woolworths fuel outlets with a Star Mart or Star Shop.