So the good news has already been spread around – B&T’s Women in Media is back, guns blazing, for its fourth cracking year. And this year, we’ve got the inaugural forum, the evening awards, a stellar line-up of mentors and attendees, a whopping 14 categories and so much more.
But one thing that’s got a few people befuddled is the Community / Pro Bono category.
Last year’s winner in the section was UN LTD general manager Carol Morris, an organisation that brings the Australian media, marketing and advertising industry together to tackle a big issue: undoing youth disadvantage.
Her entry was deemed successful by the judges for slotting neatly into both the charity and media sphere, but what if your role isn’t quite the same? Well, to clear things up a little, we rustled up some specific criteria to help you decide if you should nominate yourself, or someone else in the industry.
You qualify for the Community / Pro Bono Award if you are:
- A woman working for a not-for-profit organisation in a marketing, media, advertising or communications role.
- A woman in the industry who has/is significantly contributing to a community organisation/charity, either through your work for an agency or in your own time.
- A woman in the industry who has significantly contributed to a pro bono campaign for a community/charity cause.
- A woman working for an industry organisation/body to drive positive change within the industry.
To enter, nominees need to supply the following criteria, which applies to 12 of the 14 categories overall:
- A brief overview of what the nominee has contributed in the judging period of January 1, 2015 to April 30, 2016, to the media profession and the wider community (500 words – 50 points)
- Outline the nominee’s future ambitions (500 words – 30 points)
- At least one reference from either an employer, community leader, academic or client must be included with the entry (300 words – 20 points)
B&T will be donating the entry fees for the Community / Pro Bono category to Opportunity International, our charity partner for the event who will also present the award, so get your entries in because they’re closing Friday June 24!!
As always, a huge thanks to our sponsors, because without them, the awards and forum would simply not be possible.