The weekend just gone saw a whopping number of votes come in for the Women In Media People’s Choice Award, jumping from just over 2000 to more than 4500 votes.
However, Rebecca Wilson, CEO and publisher of Starts at 60, remains the leader of the pack.
The Australian Radio Network’s account director Susie Michaels however has stormed up to second place, with Aleisha Haslemore, founder and managing partner at Ultimate Edge racing to third.
Just to put to bed some queries, those up for the People’s Choice encompass all women who entered the awards which closed last week, as well as all the nominations we received from the massive list of inspirational women we published a few weeks ago. We are expecting our shortlist for the Awards to be released within the next week.
Watch this space! We’re also over the moon to announce Cathy O’Connor, CEO of NOVA Entertainment will be presenting the keynote presentation at the Awards on August 13.
Where things stand currently for the Women in Media People’s Choice top ten leaderboard, as of 10.30am this morning, is as follows.
- Rebecca Wilson, CEO and publisher, Starts at 60.
- Susie Michaels, account director, Australian Radio Network
- Aleisha Haslemore, founder and managing director, Ultimate Edge
- Lesley Edwards, managing partner, Ikon Communications
- Steph Harmon, founding and managing editor, Junkee Media
- Sarah Stringer, group innovation director, Carat
- Lindy Olsen, general manager and editor-in-chief, Oxgyen Mag and Clean Eating mag
- Sophie Price, chief strategy officer, UM
- Natasha Carroll, account director, Red Agency
- Carolyn Bollaci, vice president global accounts and head of ANC, Sizmek
There is still time to cast your vote. Click here to get clicking for your favourite! And make sure you grab some tickets to the event, which will be held at the stunning Doltone House in Sydney on August 13! There’s still some available at the early bird ticket price too!