Twitter has today announced a complete refresh of its products to try and make the experience even better for its millions of users across Australia and worldwide.
The changes have been made based on feedback directly from the Twitter community, and include:
- A new side navigation menu with profile, additional accounts, settings, and privacy all in one place, for less clutter and easier browsing.
- New typography to make the platform more consistent.
- Rounded profile photos to make it clearer to see what’s being said and who’s saying it.
- New and intuitive icons (like a speech bubble to replace the reply icon) to make it easier to engage with tweets.
- Links to articles and websites now open in Safari’s viewer in the Twitter app so you can easily access accounts on websites you’re already signed into (available on iOS only).
- Tweets now update instantly with reply, retweet, and like counts so you can see conversations as they’re happening – live (not available on twitter.com or Twitter Lite).
The visual revamp is the biggest one Twitter’s done in years, with all the updates to become available in the coming days.