NSW teenager Ellie Drennan has been crowned the winner of Nine’s reality singing show The Voice during Sunday’s live finale.
According to OzTam preliminary figures, The Voice’s grand final ‘winner announcement’ segment took out the number one spot with 1.552 million metro viewers.
Last night was a big night for Channel Nine, taking out the top three programs: The Voice Grand Final- Winner Announced (1.552 million), The Voice Grand Final (1.504 million) and Nine News Sunday (1.372 million).
However the OzTam figures show The Voice audience in decline after last year’s finale pulled 1.57 million.
Drennan, who is originally from Central Coast, is the youngest contestant to win The Voice. By winning she lands a recording contract with Universal Music, $100,000 in prize money and a Ford Kuga.
— ellie drennan (@elliedrennanxo) August 30, 2015
Drennan’s mentor Jessie J is outta here, leaving Australia to go on tour. “I’m all about tough love, I have to go and do my career,” Jessie J said. “I’m a phone call away, I’m a WhatsApp away, I will always be here for advice … but this is it now, big girl world.”
Top 20 Programs (OzTam figures)
1. The Voice Grand Final -Winner Announced Network Nine 1,552,000
2. The Voice Grand Final Network Nine 1,504,000
3. Nine News Sunday Network Nine 1,372,000
4. Seven News Network Seven 1,170,000
5. Sunday Night Network Seven 1,033,000
6. 60 Minutes -Late Network Nine 1,023,000
7. Grand Designs Revisited Network ABC 872,000
8. ABC News Sunday-Ev Network ABC 866,000
9.Vera Network ABC 690,000
10. Dancing With The Stars Network Seven 671,000
11. Bondi Rescue Ep 2 Network Ten 561,000
12. Modern Family Ep 2 Rpt Network Ten 502,000
13. Modern Family Rpt Network Ten 472,000
14. Seven’s AFL: Sunday Afternoon Football Network Seven 442,000
15. Bondi Rescue Network Ten 440,000
16. Family Feud Network Ten 422,000
17. NRL Live: Sunday Afternoon Network Nine 386,000
18. CSI: Cyber Network Ten 369,000
19. Ten Eye Witness News Network Ten 359,000
20. Bones Network Seven 352,000
The Voice has been renewed for 2016.