Nine today announced ALDI, Domain, McCafé, Mitre10, Stayz, Suzuki and Telstra as commercial partners of season twelve of The Block.
The seven partners will integrate across all facets of Australia’s longest running realty reality program when it returns to Nine on August 21, as five new teams of renovators go head-to-head to modernise the derelict headquarters of a historic Australian soap and candle factory in Melbourne.
“Advertisers’ appetite for quality Australian content has never been more apparent, and when you consider five of the seven commercial partners on the next season are returning year-on-year it demonstrates the impact such a format has when it comes to delivering real outcomes for clients,” said Lizzie Young, Nine’s director of innovation, partnerships and experience.
“It’s a seamless integration model that shows no boundaries when it comes to entry points for clients. Whether it’s a multi-screen content series housed on 9Now featuring The Block talent, 360-degree video room reveals that bring viewers closer to the content like never before, product integration that sits at the core of the story, or offering consumers money-can’t-buy experiences, The Block leads the way for placing a client’s story at the heart of premium, world-class content.”
Content integration highlights for The Block season twelve include:
- As the official supermarket partner, ALDI will fuel The Block, feeding contestants as well as inspiring consumers with a range of affordable Special Buys. ALDI will also give one lucky viewer the chance to win $30,000 in cash.
- Returning for their ninth season to help build The Block, Mitre 10 will launch an online how-to series featuring Mitre 10 ambassador and The Block host, Scott Cam.
- New partner, Telstra, will harness the power of the hit renovation format to unveil their connected home of the future, showcasing the latest product innovation when it comes to smart home technology.
- Domain are set to captivate viewers with a weekly 360-degree photo series that brings them closer to the Sunday room reveals.
- Quality is everything for McCafé and The Block. McCafé integrate the brand by featuring The Block All Star and resident “Foredan”, Dan Riley as a quality controller across a weekly content series on 9Now, featuring him in their TVCs and with coffee opportunities within the show.
- As the official car partner, Suzuki will keep The Block moving thanks to the brand new Suzuki Vitara Turbo and all new Suzuki Baleno. Suzuki’s integration includes a viewer car giveaway.
- As a new partner for The Block, holiday rental site Stayz will offer viewers a money-can’t-buy experience by winning one night’s accommodation for two at The Block in their apartment of choice, along with a $20,000 giveaway to spend on Stayz escapes all over Australia.
The Block returns to Channel Nine and 9Now on Sunday, August 21, at 7.00pm.