Video advertising platform SpotXchange has seen net revenue from programmatic ad spend increase 317% year on year in APAC, with mobile revenue up a staggering 657% to emerge as the fastest growing segment of the business.
Announcing financial results and corporate milestones for 2014 year to date (YTD), the company reported a 282% jump in net programmatic revenue year on year (YOY) globally, with the programmatic side of the business in Asia Pacific (APAC) recording an even stronger 317% increase for the year to date.
Mobile represented the fastest growing segment of the business, as brands turn their attention to video advertising on smartphone and tablet devices. Spend on mobile gained pace over the year, with a quarter-on-quarter (QOQ) increase of 657% for the July-September period (Q3) in APAC, and 693% increase in Australia.
This growth saw mobile’s share of ad spend on SpotXchange’s marketplace hit 12.8% for Q3 in APAC and 14.1% in Australia.
The growth of mobile video advertising traded programmatically is outpacing the market’s overall increase in mobile ad spend, Matt Von der Muhll, managing director, APAC, SpotXchange.
“Mobile is shifting to programmatic at an even faster rate than desktop did,” Von der Muhll said. “Advertisers are embracing mobile video as the next big brand ad tool and programmatic as the most efficient and effective means of delivering it.”
Global forecasts indicate 55% of display advertising will be traded programmatically by 2015, with Australia expected to follow suit and shift large portions of video ad buying to the programmatic model.
“It’s been a great year for SpotXchange with huge revenue growth, significant global expansion backed by investment from entertainment group RTL and publishers really coming onboard with premium video inventory.
“Our programmatic video technology is continuously innovating to deliver more effective and more targeted video advertising solutions for publishers and advertisers.”
SpotXchange is a video advertising platform for publishers that provides ad serving, programmatic infrastructure and advanced analytic services. Net revenue across all segments of the business increased by a total of 136% globally and 116% in APAC year on year for the year to date.
- YTD net revenue growth (YOY): Global – 136%, APAC – 116%
- YTD net programmatic revenue growth (YOY): Global – 282%, APAC – 317%
- Q3 mobile video ad spend growth (QOQ): APAC – 657%, Aus – 693%
- Mobile’s share of ad spend on SpotXchange’s network: APAC – up from 2.2% in Q1 2014 to 12.8% in Q3 2014, Aus – up from 1.9% in Q1 2014 to 14.1% in Q3 2014
- Q3 mobile calls (available video ad slots) growth (QOQ): APAC – 107%, Aus – 196%
- Q3 mobile impressions (served video ads): APAC – 408%, Aus – 460%
- European entertainment network RTL Group acquired a majority 65% stake in SpotXchange in July 2014. Integration of SpotXchange’s programmatic technology with RTL’s broadcast companies and top-tier global content producers has begun.
- Over 240 new platform clients signed, with the likes of Evolve Media, NCM Media, The Atlantic and Meredith Video Studios joining NDN, The Guardian, Billboard and other global and local partners.
- Company headcount grew from 130 to 190 in 2014 and aggressive global recruitment across all fields will continue into 2015.
- New offices opened in Singapore, Belfast and San Francisco, with plans to open offices in Germany and the Netherlands in early 2015.