Southern Cross Austereo has strengthened its position in the Australian radio landscape, with a 97% year-on-year increase in average daily online audience in Nielsen’s Online Ratings – Market Intelligence for August 2014.
As the number one commercial radio group online in Australia, SCA now engages with a digital daily audience triple that of its closest competitor.
This annual growth in daily traffic has also positioned SCA, for the first time ever, as the 14th biggest ‘tagged’ digital publisher in Australia, up from 19th this time last year, and now ahead of some of the country’s most well-established digital-only publishers.
SCA has also reinforced its lead as Australia’s most mobile-optimised digital publisher, now attracting for the first time, over 76% of its daily traffic on mobile devices.
Southern Cross Austereo director of digital and innovation Clive Dickens said: “The dominant Today and Triple M digital brands have once again exceeded our growth estimates with a strategic focus on social, smartphones, showbiz and sport. Our amazing teams are working on new products and launches which will collectively contribute to even further growth over the coming months.”
Key Digital Highlights:
- SCA Network average daily online traffic increased 97% year-on-year – ranking as the 14th biggest ‘tagged’ publisher for the first time ever and up from 19th this time last year.
- SCA is the #1 online commercial radio group in Australia with huge scale, engaging with an online audience triple that of its closest competitor in terms of average daily unique browsers – an impressive gap that has widened by 61% in August alone!
- SCA Network is the 7th biggest daily ‘tagged’ digital publisher on mobile in Australia, up from 13th this time last year.
- 2Day FM is the #1 radio station online with 63,554 Australian average daily unique browsers – double its daily traffic of this time last year.
- The Today Network and the Triple M Network are the #1 and #2 online multi-category entertainment brands on mobile (excl. tablets).
- SCA is Australia’s most mobile-optimised online publisher, attracting – for the first time ever – over 76% of its daily traffic on mobile devices alone (excl. tablets).