Stephen Curry, comedian and award-winning star of film and TV, will host the 27th annual Australian Commercial Radio Awards (ACRAs).
Curry, who shot to fame as the mullet wearing Dale Kerrigan, son of Darryl Kerrigan in the iconic Australian movie The Castle, has carved a respected career as a comedian and film and television actor. His portrayal of one of Australia’s most legendary personalities Graham Kennedy in The King won him an AFI Award, a Silver Logie and an ASTRA Award for Most Outstanding Performance by an Actor.
During 2013 and 2014, Curry starred in the drama series The Time of Our Lives with last year’s ACRAs host Shane Jacobson. He has also played champion jockey Damian Oliver in the biopic The Cup. In 2015 he starred in the drama TV series Hiding and he is currently on air in the sketch comedy Open Slather.
Curry will host the radio industry’s gala awards on Saturday 10 October at the Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre, with some of Australia’s most popular radio hosts joining him on stage as presenters.
“There are many talented people working in radio and I look forward to celebrating their success and being part of radio’s annual awards,” said Curry.
The ACRAs recognise excellence in radio broadcasting across news, talk, sport, music and entertainment. Radio announcers joining Curry on stage to present awards include:
- Ben Fordham – 2GB
- Dan & Maz – hit104.1 2Day FM
- Fifi & Dave – hit101.9 Fox FM (Fifi Box & Dave Thornton)
- Fitzy & Wippa – Nova 96.6 (Ryan Fitzgerald & Michael Wipfli)
- Jules & Emma – Today’s Hit Network (Jules Lund & Emma Freedman)
- Jonesy & Amanda – WSFM (Brendan Jones & Amanda Keller)
- Kate, Tim & Marty – Nova Network (Kate Ritchie, Tim Blackwell & Marty Sheargold)
- Kate Longbroek & Matt Acton – KIIS Network
- Kyle & Jackie O – KIIS 1065 (Kyle Sandilands & Jackie Henderson)
- Neil Mitchell – 3AW
Plus local Queensland presenters:
- Ash, Kip & Luttsy – Nova 106.9 (Ashley Bradnam, Kip Wightman & David Lutteral)
- Galey, Ross & Charli – Sea FM (Paul Gale, Ross Wallman & Charli Robinson)
- Robin, Terry, Bob – 973FM (Robin Bailey, Terry Hansen & Bob Gallagher)
Chief executive officer of Commercial Radio Australia, Joan Warner, said: “Stephen Curry is a multi-talented actor and comedian and we look forward to him being a part of the ACRAs this year.”