Global News Organisations Condemn Charlie Hebdo Attack

Global News Organisations Condemn Charlie Hebdo Attack
SHARE
THIS



Following the heinous attack on the French satirical magazine, media organisations around the globe have united by voicing their condemnation of the guerrilla act.

At least 12 people have been killed by gunmen reportedly armed with Kalashnikovs and a rocket-launcher who opened fire in the offices of the weekly publication Charlie Hebdo.

AFP

AFP chairman Emmanuel Hoog and global news director Michèle Léridon  expressed their ‘horror’ and ‘indignation’ over this ‘attack of unprecedented violence on the French press.’
They also expressed their ‘greatest solidarity and support for their colleagues at Charlie Hebdo who have been so cruelly attacked.’ 

NEWSPAPER WORKS

“The Newspaper Works condemns the cold-blooded attack on the French satirical magazine, Charlie Hebdo, which has killed eight colleagues, four others and injured many people. It offers its condolences to the families of the journalists and cartoonists who were so brutally murdered in their workplace last night,” said The Newspaper Works CEO, Mark Hollands.

“The attack is shocking and outrageous. It represents an assault on freedom of expression and a free press. These are essential elements of any democracy. We have seen before the murder of individual journalists, but the attack on Charlie Hebdo’s offices is unprecedented. The Australian newspaper industry stands alongside its French colleagues at this terrible time and expresses its support for the values of liberty and democracy that are so proudly held by the French people,” he added.

RFI (Radio France Internationale)

Management of RFI’s parent company, France Médias Monde, slammed the “ignomy” of Wednesday’s attack on French satirical paper Charlie Hebdo as world leaders condemned the shootings in which 12 people died.

“All of France Médias Monde is in mourning and expresses its solidarity with our colleagues at Charlie Hebdo and the families of all the victims of the attack,” a company statement said.

*Lead image Reuters.

For the details of how the story unfolded, click here.

Please login with linkedin to comment

Latest News

SpotX Appoints Gavin Buxton As Asia MD
  • Advertising

SpotX Appoints Gavin Buxton As Asia MD

Video advertising platform SpotX has announced it has appointed Gavin Buxton as managing director of Asia to lead the company’s expansion in the region. Buxton has over 17 years’ global experience in the digital advertising space, having worked in leadership roles at tech and publishing companies, including Microsoft, Turner Broadcasting, and LinkedIn, with the last […]

Big Mobile Doubles Down On Ad Tech & Rebrands
  • Advertising
  • Technology

Big Mobile Doubles Down On Ad Tech & Rebrands

B&T Awards 2017 finalist Big Mobile has unveiled a fresh look to reflect its new ad tech credentials. The company successfully pivoted its business from ad network to mobile ad tech vendor when it announced a joint venture (JV) with Widespace in October last year. As a result of the business changes, Big Mobile wanted […]

March One Appoints New Senior Account Manager
  • Advertising

March One Appoints New Senior Account Manager

Independent ad agency March One has appointed a fresh face to the team, with Melanie Tozer to reinforce its mission to put humans first as a senior account manager. Tozer (pictured above), an up-and-coming talent from New Zealand, will align her extensive experience in FMCG marketing with March One, having worked on accounts for Bunnings […]

What To Expect From The App Economy In 2018
  • Opinion
  • Technology

What To Expect From The App Economy In 2018

Here's an insightful, authoritative synopsis of the app economy. So, you're right, it wasn't written by a B&T journo.

Opinion

by B&T Magazine

B&T Magazine