The News Media Awards build on the long heritage of the PANPA Newspaper of the Year Awards and the Advertising and Marketing Awards that have been a highlight of the news publishing calendar since 1969.
The awards showcase and celebrate the best professionally generated content, industry innovations and the people that are driving our industry forward across news media publishing.
The awards recognise excellence in news publishing in Australia, New Zealand and the Asia Pacific region.
NewsMediaWorks CEO, Peter Miller said: “Last year saw success across multiple publishers and countries and we look forward to the continued friendly competition that our awards engender.
“The News Media Awards recognise excellence in the people, the products, the purpose and performance of news media brands today.
“Excellence that is a key driver of trust in our brands.”
The 2019 News Media Awards gala dinner will be held on September 24th at The Ivy Sydney, at the conclusion of the annual INFORM News Media Summit.
Entries open on May 6th and close on June 21st.
The News Media Awards welcome back sponsors Media Super, Norske Skog, AAP and DIC, and announce new sponsors Ipsos, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Nielsen.
The 2019 categories are:
News Brand Categories
- News Brand of the Year (Daily, Weekend, Regional, Community and Overall winner)
- News Story of the Year
- Newspaper Inserted Magazine
- Best Execution of Print Advertising for a Client
- Best Execution of Digital Advertising for a Client
- Best Execution of Native Advertising for a Client
- Best Execution of Integrated Advertising for a Client
- Best Innovation for an Advertising Client
- Best Trade Marketing Campaign
- Best Consumer Brand Campaign
- Best Subscriber Acquisition Campaign
- Best Community or Social-Purpose Initiative
Product Innovation Categories
- Best Use of Print
- Best Use of Digital
- Best Use of Mobile
- Innovation of the Year
- Portrait, Feature or Lifestyle photography
- Sport Photography
- News Photography
- Photographic Essay
- Best Run of Press
- Print Centre of the Year
Executive Excellence Categories
- Hegarty Scholarship for Best Young Executive (under 35)
- News Media Executive of the Year