Australian Radio Network’s head of content says he wasn’t aware that former GOLD 104.3 host Jo Stanley wanted to talk to him after she was sacked by the network.
While appearing on a recent podcast, Stanley said she still has no idea why she was sacked last year, claiming she had contacted Duncan Campbell (pictured above) for an explanation, but to no avail.
Campbell has stood by his original reasoning to dump Stanley and co-host Anthony “Lehmo” Lehmann, and followed standard practice by informing both of their managers that the duo wouldn’t be re-signed in 2018.
“We made the decision based on the key fact that the breakfast show had never equalled the station share or achieved greater than the station share,” he told B&T.
“I was aware that Lehmo wanted to talk to me after the result and I did speak to him, but I wasn’t aware that Jo wanted to. Having heard the podcast, I’ve reached out to her.”
Jo & Lehmo’s replacement, Christian O’Connell, is scheduled to begin his new gig on Monday 4 June.