GQ Australia last night celebrated the 11th annual GQ Men of the Year Awards presented by Audi. Eighteen awards were presented at a black-tie gala at The Star in Sydney, with winners appearing in the special GQ Men of the Year issue.
The GQ Men of the Year Awards presented by Audi continue to be a highlight of the Australian awards calendar, recognising and honouring extraordinary men (and one woman) who have achieved great success in their chosen field, while remaining true gentlemen.
Some of the biggest international stars walked the GQ red carpet in Sydney tonight, including: GQ International Sensation Ansel Elgort, and GQ Actor of the Year Travis Fimmel, GQ Woman of the Year Amber Heard, and GQ Model of the Year Jon Kortajarena.
The 2017 GQ Men of the Year Awards were hosted by Australian actor Daniel MacPherson and were attending by some of the countries biggest stars and business leaders including: Mick Fanning, Adam Briggs, Client Liaison, Jeff Horn, Ian Thorpe, Dacre Montgomery, Jarrod Scott, Elizabeth Debicki, Alexander England, Justin O’Shea, the Hon. Julie Bishop, Alan Joyce and Kim Ledger.
Winners of the 2017 GQ Men of the Year awards presented by Audi:
1. Solo Artist of the Year – Flume
2. International Icon -Jeff Goldblum
3. Man of Style – A$AP Rocky
4. Woman of the Year in association with Bvlgari – Amber Heard
5. International Sensation in association with Audi -Ansel Elgort
6. Model of the Year -Jon Kortajarena
7. The GQ Legacy Award in association with Bvglari – Heath Ledger Scholarship
8. Sportsman of the Year – Jeff Horn
9. Man of Innovation in association with Audi – Hayden Cox
10. Business Leader of the Year in association with Audi – Alan Joyce
11. Actor of the Year in association with QANTAS -Travis Fimmel
12. Breakthrough Actor of the Year in association with Patrón – KJ Apa
13. International Designer of the Year in association with Patrón Virgil Abloh -Virgil Abloh
14. Australian Designer of the Year – Lukas Vincent
15. Band of the Year – Client Liaison
16. Director of the Year – Taika Waititi
17. Creative Force in association with The Star – Luke Davies
18. Agenda Setter in association with Patrón – Adam Briggs
GQ Australia editor Michael Christensen said: “Every year when it comes to compiling our extraordinary list of GQ Men of the Year the discussions get heated over who is the most deserving of the coveted GQ trophies. This year was no exception with a list of such deserving winners all showing us truly what it means to be a GQ man – sharper, better and smarter. Congratulations to all our winners.”
Audi Australia managing director Paul Sansom said: “The GQ Men of the Year Awards celebrate progressive thinkers and people who have excelled in their field, so it’s a great partnership for Audi. Progressiveness, or Vorsprung, is part of our DNA and we believe it’s important to recognise the talented Australians who are drivers of change and innovation.
“We’re also proud to be presenting a new talent of our own at GQ Men of the Year Awards – our brand new potent and progressive Audi RS 5 Coupe.”