Forbes magazine has unveiled its annual list of highest paid TV stars with the good doctor, Dr Phil, taking the number one spot with a staggering annual salary of $US79 million ($A99 million) per year.
As you’d expect, the list is littered with top US talent, with two Englishman – Simon Cowell and Gordon Ramsay – making it too. It was seven-to-three in favour of men over women.
According to Forbes magazine the annual earnings of these stars may include income from additional activities such as producing, non-TV performances, endorsements and merchandising.
The top 10 for 2017 include (all salaries in US dollars):
1. Dr. Phil McGraw, $79 million (talk-show host, personality, producer).
2. Ellen DeGeneres, $77 million (talk-show host, personality, producer).
3. Jerry Seinfeld, $69 million (comedian, sitcom star).
4. Gordon Ramsay, $60 million (personality, celebrity chef).
5. Ryan Seacrest, $58 million (personality, radio host, producer).
6. Louis C.K., $52 million (sitcom star, comedian, producer).
7. Judge Judy Sheindlin, $47 million (courtroom-show host, personality).
8. Kim Kardashian West, $45.5 million (reality show star, personality).
9. Simon Cowell, $43.5 million (TV personality, producer).
10. Steve Harvey, $42.5 million (TV host, comedian).